Driver using mobile phone .........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Blond fat woman driving toward me in a residential street this morning mobile phone glued to her right ear. Pointed to her "Oi!" and pulled in front of her car. She had to stop, then tried to drive around me whilst still talking on her phone. She then stopped realising she wasn't going to get away. I went to the driver's window which comes down fully.

Fat woman "Are you a police officer!" whilst still talking on her phone glued to her ear.
Me "You must realise it's an offence to use a mobile phone whilst driving?
Fat woman "Are you a police officer!"

To the person she was talking "I'm going to have to call you back". Puts phone down low on her right side to try to hide it but still holding it - texting.

Me "Can you stop using your mobile whilst driving please as you are not in full control of your vehicle?"

Fat woman "Are you a fukkin' police officer!"

Window was down so moved to take mobile which was swiftly moved out of reach so instead took the car keys out of ignition switching car off.

Fat woman "Give us my car keys!"

Me "Only if you stop using your mobile whilst you are driving. You do realise it is a criminal offence and carries points or your license, a fine plus you have an increased risk of crashing - into vulnerable road users such as me. Fat woman then gives me lots of foul mouth abuse.

I then deposited her car keys on the rear of the roof of her car and cycled off.

Fat woman gets out of her car with difficulty and shouts lots more abuse at me. A woman leaning on her garden gate who had been watching the whole thing cheered and shouted to me "Nice one! She deserved it! They're always at it and never get caught"

Heheheeeeeeee

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Not sticking up for her AT ALL but try it on a bloke next time eh.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
dan_bo said:
Not sticking up for her AT ALL but try it on a bloke next time eh.

What's that got to with anything?

Men/women I don't discriminate. Do you?

It was a driver using a mobile whilst driving. It just happened to be a woman.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Crankarm said:
What's that got to with anything?

Men/women I don't discriminate. Do you?

It was a driver using a mobile whilst driving. It just happened to be a woman.

You might be a bit more discriminating if someone of similar size and strength to you broke your F***ing arm for what you did. Try it on a bloke next time.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Lizban said:
What a strange way to behave - both you and the driver, neither acceptable in my opinion.

Here we go all the ar5es on here who regularly complain bitterly about drivers who drive whilst talking on mobiles/texting putting them at risk now decide it's not such a problem and really it's rather alright. Please .........

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Lesson learned - don't post a story you thought might have been of interest to proper fellow cyclists about dangers they regularly see or encounter whilst cycling and nothing ever happens to stop it. Perhaps I should have made a citizen's arrest? What do you all think of that? :laugh::laugh::biggrin:

thomas

the tank engine
I do find it funny, but don't think it's a sensible thing to do to be honest.

If it was a massive, rugby player I bet you wouldn't have. If the police had seen, it would probably be you in trouble.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
Well, she's certainly not going to look favourably on the next cyclist she sees, is she?

No, she might not even see them, as she runs them over if she is talking or texting on her mobile ..........

Rhythm Thief said:
Report her by all means, but you do come across as a bit self righteous taking the law into your own hands like that.

Last year I made the mistake of reporting a taxi driver who was talking on his mobile phone whilst driving, to the police and the local council. Neither were interested. They did everything not to do anything. A total waste of over 1 hour of my time and cost to me on my phone bill.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've often pondered the phrases you could use to imply you are police, without impersonating one. Things like "I'm not on duty just now, but I can call my colleagues" Ok, your colleagues might be bin men, but...

It's about the time of year I get my POLITE waistcoat out...

I don't think I'd ever have the courage or presence to do what Crankarm did, to man or woman, so I can't really judge. I suspect the woman's attitude to other road users was already pretty poor. I did once have a go at a woman who came past me and blocked an ambulance and she told me to F*** off - I just rode off in the end.

Reporting it, what good would that have done? Seriously, are the police going to follow up every reported phone user, just to have them say, "It's not true, it was my passenger using the phone..."

Top Bottom