1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers on the mobile phone?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by BentMikey, 17 Mar 2008.

1. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

2. I'm not getting your second vid: "We are sorry, this video is no longer available"

3. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

Ditto

4. Even when I'm driving and I see the driver of the car behind in my rear view mirror is on the phone it really raises my hackles:angry::biggrin:. I find myself shouting and gesturing - get off the fekkin phone, tw@t!!!

5. OP
    OP
    BentMikey

It's working now - I think it was just finishing being processed.

6. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Have you reported them? The problem I see so many of them I generally don't bother as I just don't have the time.

7. OP
    OP
    BentMikey

Yup, emailed the companies concerned.

8. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

Probably their bosses on the other end!

9. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Good man. Let us know how you get on.

10. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

Hmm I'm definately anti-phone, and the other day a cycling work college gave me a lift in her car ... and whilst stuck in a queue of traffic, she answered her not hands free phone.

I found I couldn't say anything (she is a prickly pear that I have to work with) but felt I had to look out all windows to keep an extra eye out. I felt very uncomfortable in the situation, and I felt unsafe for both myself and others. She probably travelled only 200-400 m during the conversation.

11. squeaker

squeaker Über Member

Me too!

Me too: almost a Pavlovian response now ;)

12. Maz

Maz Guru

i think i'll make a hi-viz and have a mobile phone motif with 'hands-free please' on the back.

13. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I like how quickly that second guy put his phone down.... Nice one.

I need another camera. I find it's hard to point the helmet cam sometimes, esp off to the side. I need an up-my-sleeve-cam, so I can just point a finger at the person...:smile:

14. Cab

Cab New Member

I was thinking precisely that when looking at the footage. Short of taking the camera off the bars or helmet and pointing it at sideways (seems a little too obvious to me) I'm struggling to get footage of things next to me.

15. magnatom

magnatom Guest

You could alwayd try turning your head....:smile: