Drops for the Pompino

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

I've got midge bars on the pompino at the moment, considering changing them for drops.

Can anyone recommend some suitable (no need for state-of-the-art, mega bucks constructions on a £300 bike!) drops? I'm looking for something affordable (no idea on prices really, say £50-ish??), basic but solid and, most importantly, that'll look right on a fixed.

Edit: just googling around, I quite like the Nitto randonneur & noodle bars. Hubjub only seem to do the randonneur is a 44 width - anyone know if 40's are available? Also, comments on these bars anyone?

GrahamG

Guru
They are a 26mm clamp area so should be fine as long as the stock stem isn't OS - they will also look weird on a black stem (pompino stock I presume?!).

I've got noodle bars on the fixed. I find them very comfortable, nice shape on the tops and plenty of space behind the hoods on aero brakes for honking.

GrahamG

Guru
Oh and Nitto stocks are seemingly quite random here in the UK - best contact is Will at www.hubjub.co.uk, if he doesn't have stock he can make sure it's on his next delivery. Alternatively try some of the US sites that ship internationally.

domtyler

Über Member
I am going to sell my Mungo bars of you want to try them. I swapped mine out for Butterfly's! :sad: They are not exactly the most narrow of bars though.

If you are after standard drops then I would definitely recomend the Cinelli Vai's, check out the reviews for this bar, you'd be mad to spend more imo.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Thanks guys. Planet-X have a decent stock of Nitto bars but want a whopping £18 for postage to France! So I think that'll rule them out unless I get desperate. Do like those noodle bars though....

Top Bottom