Dunwich Dynamo 24th July 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leyton condor

Veteran
I am so sorry to both Srocha and Leyton Condor’s groups for letting them down with the promised food
No Steve, I am sorry for not waiting for you guy's to arrive, we went to the beach ate our remaining rations and fell asleep. We should have waited but we were not thinking rationally. My apologies.

Our group started off just after 8 and had a pretty good run, we made it a lot quicker than last year mainly by having enough food with us so we did not end up massively hungry in the early hours or having to queue at the halfway stop. We also got a bit of help from the Dulwich paragon by tagging along in their slipstream for a while, those folk sure do travel. The boys on the bromptons werre also pretty impressive speed wise.

We missed the halfway stop by a mile or so before realising and turned around for a well deserved rest and some food . We left at the same time as the Dulwich blue train, followed them for a while which resulted in losing two from our group. Sitting at the junction of the B1115 and the B1078 we were amazed how many people were asking if they had passed the food stop yet.
We then stopped at the 90ish mile mark at the house selling bacon rolls and tea for a nice cuppa which set us up for the last quarter and rolled into Dunwich just after 6.

All in all a very enjoyable night of cycling, top tips for next year would be more sandwiches and no energy gels (yuck) and maybe a bigger saddlebag so I could get a towel in for the beach.
We took the coach and lorry option back to London which was hassle free (apart from losing a bit of mudguard) and cheap as chips @ £14

Roll on 2011, see you then.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Seems I missed an eventful ride, shame but I will be back in for next year. Leyton glad you found the house doing the bacon rolls

Broadside

Guru
Well my ride was very uneventful compared to most on here. It was an amazing experience and I was amazed at how easy it was to ride through the night when you should be sleeping.

I was also helped by having an energy boost out of nowhere at 85miles which sustained me almost to the end. I am guessing this was an endorphin rush as I had never experienced it before.

To anyone thinking of doing the ride next year, just go out there and do it, it was an experience not to be missed.

Oh and I borrowed an Exposure Joystick, what an incredible little light for proper night rides.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Steve,

Sudbury food stop could be my bag. Along the lines of what you and your support team did for us this year. That was excellent.

My sister has a classic VW camper in tasteful yellow. Might be able to persuade her to park up at the same spot. I've got a year to work on it, plus a follow up to Dunwich car park. Primarily to get a lift back!!
Unfortunately this year she was already camping somewhere on the Norfolk coast, so had to pass.

Tynan

Veteran
for anyone curious, I had a brief sleepy moment and put the front wheel into a very unpleasant ditch/guuter and pretzelled it, Steve and his youngsters went to a lot of time and trouble to bring me a spare wheel for which I'm very very grateful

I have no idea what I've have done with an unrideable bike 40 off miles from Dunwich at 2am on a Sunday morning

Steve was so early doors snatching at a free beer that it was going flat and warm long before he arrived

Top Bottom