Dunwich Dynamo 4th July 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leyton condor

Veteran
I have already booked the coach back. I have been meaning to do this one for years, so I persuaded a few folk from work to do it as well.
Anyone else?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Aperitif said:
Me probably - check out the Manningtree Mystery Tour post...;)

yeah but you're planning the night ride before, riding back from that then the DunRun and no dount riding back from that as well. Those men in white coats will be coming for you Ape.

Will1985

Über Member
Me - did it last year as well. It's a bit more flowing than the FNRttC. You can take it at your own pace and stop whenever you want.

I think Tynan said he might be doing it again?

Andrij

Über Member
The plan is FNRttC (marking turns and/or TEC), train home and sleep all day, then DunRun. I may or may not ride part/all of the way back to London - all depends on how I feel.

I had planned on making this a 'fast' DunRun but will be shepherding someone who has only tried this once before and bailed (2007, the rain was too much).

Tynan

Veteran
Tynan!

Last year was my first and a bit of a slog in places and I said not again

But I reckon second time around will be better, we apparently had a bit of a tailwind last time ...

I rode the 30 miles to Ipswich last year and got the fast train back into London for anyone wondering about transport home

I'd like to think I'd like to ride back, the extra 30 felt alright last time around, bloody long way though

Will1985

Über Member
You should have had a sleep at the villgae hall Tynan!!

Tynan

Veteran
Will1985 said:
You should have had a sleep at the villgae hall Tynan!!

indeed Will, us youngsters have a lot to learn from you old salts, I might not have caught the fairly early train home though if I'd sacked out for hours though init

Sittingduck said:
Hmm - Looks very tempting. 120 miles might be slightly out of my range though. I liked the part that says no bad hills! :biggrin:

If you want to do it SiD - you will! Should be more straightforward for you by then...bring lots of 'on ride' fuel though. Garminize your return station and get a ticket now for peace of mind...even though you may want to cycle back! :wacko:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hahaha, I haven't purchased the Garmin... YET! Although the coach for £14 quid option seems reasonable. I am planning to do the Chiltern Hundreds ride in June and possibly break my Ton then, so perhaps 120 could be achieved...

As for Cycling back - I invite you Sir, to go forth and multiply! :wacko:

Sittingduck said:
Hahaha, I haven't purchased the Garmin... YET! Although the coach for £14 quid option seems reasonable. I am planning to do the Chiltern Hundreds ride in June and possibly break my Ton then, so perhaps 120 could be achieved...

As for Cycling back - I invite you Sir, to go forth and multiply! :wacko:

Now that's easy with a Garmin! :biggrin: (Don't know about 'forth' though...somewhere - yes)

Top Bottom