E bike weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kips

Über Member
Hi all, have a focus ventura bike with a bosch 400wt battery and its about twice the weight of my road bike, bought it used and cheap because of hip/pelvic problems. Anyhow was wondering would cycling it in eco mode be the equivalent of cycling on a lightweight road bike? Are am I fooling myself, but on a load of weight the past year or so through meds and being a couch potatoe

Brads

Not quite sure what you are asking, but anyway, any cycling is good for you. If it takes an E bike to get you out then that E bike is a good thing.

Any cycling is better than no cycling for health reasons.

gzoom

Über Member
I wouldn't assume an eRoad bike is quicker, my own experience of my 250watt Fazua hybrid mirrors what this reviewer found, am slower on my eBike than my road bike.

50150015788_6aaa60060c_h_d.jpg

But that doesn't mean the eBike is useless, I did a 7 mile trip the other day I got a half decent work out - averaging 110watts versus 160watts I normally achieve on my road bike.

However to achieve the same speed without electrical assistance I would have needed to put out 200watts+ due to the area difference between a road bike and hybrid bike.

50141515087_13b263b63d_k_d.jpg

50140737498_6cdbe0ae79_c.jpg

Been able to achieve half decent speed with less power is quite useful, for example later today I'll be cycling to a friends house on the eBike rather than road bike, as I would like to get there not covered in sweat, and negotiating Nottingham city centre is much easier on a hybrid bike than my road bike with clipping pedals - especially as I've not ridden on those road before so will be navigating and cycling as well.

With a 400watts Bosch motor you will get even more assistance than what I get on my Fazua powered biked.

Top Bottom