East Midlands Ride!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
I saw a thread a while back suggesting an informal coffee morning but realised that's not what I want to organise!

There's quite a few members on here based in the East Midlands to whom the West Midlands might be a little too far to join the Brum riders.

I must admit I'm still relatively new and ignorant to the area so it would be great to meet more riders and discover more of the region. So, I won't be much good at organising a route, however I can still suggest a date and then spam everyone on the forum I can find based in the East Midlands on the members map! ;)

So, hows this for a provisional date?

Sunday 10th July

Meet late morning then go for a, I dunno, 30-40 miler? Then coffee or pub afterwards? Or even a few on the way? ;)

Weather should be lovely by then, too.

Who's in? Who's got ideas?

Sounds great, it would be good to meet some of you all (coffee\beer also sounds like a plan!).

That date even coincides with a free weekend (I have my daughter alternate weekends), so count me in!

Edit: My road knowledge around Notts is all East & North East, but lots of tried and tested rides here

Just a question of which direction people want to head in. I am pretty central, so have no preference at all.

3tyretrackterry

If you dont mind riding with trikes i am a possible date is good I am in Leicester and i ride an average 10-14mph though am slower on the hills as most recumbent trikes are.
There are 4 recumbent trikes in and around Nottingham that i know of then 1 in Northants plus 1 over Draycote way
keep us posted on developments

If we have some Notts and some Leicester riders, perhaps a start point at each and beer refreshments somewhere around Loughborough way would make the most sense? Unless the the other Notts riders fancy making it a 50 and riding down to Leicestershire and accompanying them back up north a bit...?

Wymeswold appears to have a couple of rest stops, at least one is very nice according to CAMRA
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
I saw several photographers, but can't find any pictures of me :sad:

Let's see yer, TMC!

TVC

How about a start near Loughborough being a fairly central point?

(Fails to mention that Mrs VCs parents live there, so I can drive up and leave Mrs VC to spend the day with the old folks whilst I get out of my fogey sitting duties
whistling.gif
)

Suggested route from Notts to Loughborough....

Nottingham, Clifton, Gotham, East Leake, Stanford on Soar, Loughborough should be a decent route (? comments ?), although not having been there for over a decade, some local knowledge of where to actually meet up once there would be good!

We could then ride out to Wymsewold together for lunch\beer before returning if that sounds agreeable?

Top Bottom