East Yorshire Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Seeing as the night ride never happened due to weather etc :tongue: Is anyone up for a daylight ride sometime?
Weekends probably best for most folk, so which dates are best?
24/25th April & 15th May are my next free weekend dates, any use??

Can either meet in Hull & ride to Hornsea/Mr Moos, or meet in Beverley?? What's best for folk?

Bandini

I am up for a ride, but would probably join on Long Lane rather than bike on the city road- are we likely to go back roads as much as possible?

I usually go all back roads to Hornsea, apart from the unavoidable Tickton/Routh stretch. Although I am sure that there is a private track through High Eske Farm - I rang the council to see about right of way, but was told no. Boo.

zacklaws

Guru
Paul

I'm in Newcastle for the April weekend and working the May weekend, but I am on holiday till the 4th May at present if you want to fit a ride in midweek at any point.

We can meet in Beverley or I can throw the bike in my car and set off from your end and meet anyone else who's up for it at some point or at the start.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
zacklaws said:
Paul

I'm in Newcastle for the April weekend and working the May weekend, but I am on holiday till the 4th May at present if you want to fit a ride in midweek at any point.

We can meet in Beverley or I can throw the bike in my car and set off from your end and meet anyone else who's up for it at some point or at the start.

I've got loads of time off coming up, but only just got back on the bike after a winter break, so doubt I'd be up to your pace ;)
Went out & did a steady 40 miles yesterday, but my right knee is suffering today, so it doesn't look like i'm good for distance either at the mo :biggrin: But if you fancy a slow, short ride I'm up for that :biggrin:

zacklaws

Guru
Thats ok with me, I could do with some steady rides as its very rare for me to do one, I went out to White Horse of Kilburn last week, 107 miles and went up that 25% gradient that goes for ever next to it just to get a bit of training in for Big G and for when the days get longer and I go out very early morning when there is little traffic around to go up Staxton, but after last week, Staxton should be a doddle so I'm not worried about that one now.

Let me know when and we'll arrange something, either in the flat lands where you live or the hills to the West of me.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'd love to get out for an East Yorkshire posse ride, but my weekends are rapiding filling up. 24/25th April I'll be in germany as the Spezi show. May 15th I should be free, but I have to sort out a weekend to drive my trike to Norfolk for the french trip (long story!), and it'll either be that weekend or the next. So provisionally, the 15th May is good. And I'll need to be able to get wherever by train - Hull I know is easy, never done the trip to Beverley by train, I'll look it up later (off out shortly).

Colly was asking me yesterday about the Hull-Hornsea path - I told him that when not underwater, I supposed it was very nice....:becool:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Arch said:
And I'll need to be able to get wherever by train - Hull I know is easy, never done the trip to Beverley by train, I'll look it up later (off out shortly).

Colly was asking me yesterday about the Hull-Hornsea path - I told him that when not underwater, I supposed it was very nice....;)

The service hull - bev is run by northern & every 30 mins or thereabouts

The Hull-Hornsea path is ok, a lot of gateways at the hull end & a couple of rough sections(bit harsh for roadies), but mainly pleasant cycling :sad:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Bandini said:
I am up for a ride, but would probably join on Long Lane rather than bike on the city road- are we likely to go back roads as much as possible?

I usually go all back roads to Hornsea, apart from the unavoidable Tickton/Routh stretch. Although I am sure that there is a private track through High Eske Farm - I rang the council to see about right of way, but was told no. Boo.

If the majority prefer a meet up in Beverley, then Hornsea is probably not a good ride, but I'm sure we can find somewhere else suitable ;)

HelenD123

Guru
I'm taking my bike to York for a service on 24th so can't do that day. 15th is the weeked before I head out to Canada so who knows whether I'll be able to come out for a ride... Set a date and I'll see whether I can join you.

Arch - there are a few direct trains between Beverley and York otherwise you have to change in Hull (which is very easy as it's the end of the line) then get a train for another couple of stops up to Bev.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
24th watching that team :cry:play football...;)

otherwise 25th or 15th ok - though may need until the year 2011 to get fit

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
craigwend said:
24th watching that team :cry:play football...:wacko:

otherwise 25th or 15th ok - though may need until the year 2011 to get fit

Will that be their last premiership game for a while ? :biggrin:

You'll be fine Craig, you know the score for these group rides, cake stops & cycling in equal measure :wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Soltydog said:
Will that be their last premiership game for a while ? :tongue:

You'll be fine Craig, you know the score for these group rides, cake stops & cycling in equal measure :laugh:

I have to say, those West Yorkshire folk are a harder breed - I was out with them on Sunday and missed the cafe stop every 5 miles or so...:smile:

And the hills! My god...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Arch said:
I have to say, those West Yorkshire folk are a harder breed - I was out with them on Sunday and missed the cafe stop every 5 miles or so...:smile:
That's why we organised a special 2 hour extended cafe stop for you mid-ride! :laugh:

Arch said:
And the hills! My god...
Well, you'll be taking a look at some more of them on the Leap Into The Aire audax this Sunday won't you! On that ride you'll get 2 cafe stops en route and the mother of all cafe stops at the end! ;)

Top Bottom