eBay Jersey Buys (Hong Kong, China, Etc.)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ricey

I have been after buying some new jerseys and everytime I look on eBay they always have one's from Hong Kong and China. Very good prices but I want to know if anyone has bought them on here and if they are good quality and worth buying or should I avoid?

sheva

I have been after buying some new jerseys and everytime I look on eBay they always have one's from Hong Kong and China. Very good prices but I want to know if anyone has bought them on here and if they are good quality and worth buying or should I avoid?

One thing to be wary of is any potential customs charges which will negate the bargain prices you pay the seller.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
You don't get custom charges from hong kong.

i bought one from ebay a few years ok. it was advertised as 'original' by the seller, although it was 2nd hand from him, it was a long story. anyway, he bought it new from china.
it was the right size, good stitching etc, but the material was akin to wearing a plastic bag. It was an awful piece of clothing.

I don't doubt that some of the items for sale might be ok, but i wouldn't buy them

zacklaws

Guru
I've bought four up to now, the first three were perfect, my fourth was far too small at the back, by 2 inches according to the size chart, despite buying the same size and from the same seller so I am in the process of exchanging it.

As for the material, I have had no problems with, and one of them, a replica Columbia shirt, the material was marked up as Coolmax, and its my best shirt out of all my shirts, including ones bought in the UK, the material is that good. Others are marked up Coolmax but are not of the same quality, but mainly polyester, but I find that type of material is good on cool , wet days when they are warmer than coolmax.

One reason I like them is, they are cheap and cheerfull, if I take a fall and rip my shirt to pieces, its not an expensive loss compared to some of my £50+ shirts

jamesxyz

having lived in asia, I wouldn't touch em unless I could inspect them 1st. Most stuff is made in China anyway and they have all the perfect patterns etc . Unfortunately most is counterfeit and as a result usually has even poorer workmanship and cut costs by using chepaer materials i.e. a pair of trainers will look identical in every way until you relaise they use leather-look plastic instead of leather etc.

When you consider that the premium you pay for cycling gear is state of the art materials, it's unlikely they will be of thge same quality. It's the same old story, you get what you pay for. The odd thing (electricals especially) will be fine, but be very wary of 'performance' clothing

EssexRider

You don't get custom charges from hong kong.

erm, yes you do, if customs check it, you will get charged + you will pay duty on top of the customs charge. so can end up being very expensive.

I'd keep the amounts to a mimimum so the value in the package isnt high and wont be opened by customs.

Alot of hong kong/china clothing products are fake, you might find they dont have the brands labels on the inside, sometimes they look exactly the same though,
I wouldnt buy winter cyclign clothing from asia but shorts and thin jerseys should be ok (even if fake)

I toyed with the idea of some HTC Columbia kit from Hong Kong, Should I, or should I not? In one word.

barnesy

Got a mellow johnny jersey from ebay china and bib shorts for silly money, the quality is good, i only wanted them for commuting anyway so doesnt have to be brilliant. There was a pair of scott shorts thrown in aswell by accident i assume

Top Bottom