Ebay Orbit recumbent cycle sale ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I followed the bidding on Ebay the other night for one Orbit recumbent cycle .
The long winded discription suggested great things and confirmed lot of patching and welding and interesting mods and upgrades etc etc had been carried out by the vendor .
Loads of questions had been asked including the possibilty of towing lawn mowers behind this recumbent cycle at high speed .
I said to a friend that this bike was a bit of a "dogs dinner " and it would probably only make £200 if the vendor was lucky .
Much to my surprise it sold for £360 and my friend said later on ...
"you will have to eat your words with that result " ......
......Hmmm I thought I'll give him dogs dinner and eat my words what a dam cheek !
The next morning Ebay's computer sent me a message and it read :-

Orbit Recumbent Cycle ITEM number 190266733894 has been sold .
Why not take a look at our selection of

four Similar items from all eBay sellers

I choose the third offering

3kgs CHICKEN AND RICE LIGHT/DIET COMPLETE DOG FOOD !:rofl::laugh::smile:

stevew

360 did seem a lot for what could easily be a dodgy frame as these have a bit of a reputation for perhaps "not the best" frame welding ! Hope the new owner will be happy and I hope I'm wrong about the frame. A new recruit to the DS ?

(Allegedly) The original Peter Ross frames were built by 6th formers in a College in Cromer!

That is a "Ross" from the gold lettering

The open rear triangle was prone to breakage and it was also an "above seat steering machine in the original format.

Having said allthat - they were "cutting edge" atthe time and as fast as anything else.

It was the low riders that caused the demise of this and the KingCycle

Top Bottom