EBC Temptations - I need to move house!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great - just what I need.

Every day I walk or cycle past this empty unit. Many days I nip into the Tesco Express in the same block of units.

Just seen where the location of the new Edinburgh Bike Co-Op shop is to be. 2 minutes from my house, slap bang in the middle of where I pass every day!

NOW how am I supposed to resist and say "get thee behind me Satan" whenever the evil spend-money-on-toys-fairy whispers in my ear, when I am going to have to look in the window every bloody day?

Interesting location though....follow the road down for 1/2 a mile and turn left and you're on course to the locally established JE James. Though its the small LBS pretty much on the corner that might be hit harder

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It gets worse doesn't it, when is the planet x warehouse finally moving to sheffield too :angry:?

Nah they are sensible, just done their homework about where the cyclists in the city live.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Plus I had been enjoying the mystique - had a couple of people ask about my bike, in a kind of "looks decent but never heard of the make?" way - now everybody in the area is going to be riding the things. Bah! :angry:

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
marinyork said:
Three bike "shops" within half a mile of each other ain't bad. Four within a mile.

Wouldn't write off the local branch car chain either at the mo....was pleased to notice that they do actually have a proper bike mechanic there nowadays who does have experience and a background in handbuilt bikes and doesn't regard anything with tyres less than 2" and with funny curly handlebars as somehow "gay".

SimonC

Just had a look at their website, it is the one on Abbeydale rd isnt it.

Bit of competition for James's as you say, and for Butterworths just a few yards away!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
SimonC said:
Is the Tesco Express the one on Abbeydale Road?? Not heard about new bike shop there.

Yeah there's that mini one that opened about a year ago and there's also the big(ger) one a mile down the road. Planet-X is also supposedly moving its warehouse down the east of sheffield although things seem to have gone quiet on that.

SimonC

Dont think you can buy direct from the planet x warehouse without pre-ordering on web first though.

Couldnt at the old place anyway (in theory anyway, although they did sell me a seat clamp when I picked up my carbon road frame)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HJ said:
The way to deal with temptation, is to give in... :evil:
Oscar Wilde, I believe :smile:

Ah, yes ...

The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
Oscar Wilde

Landslide

Rare Migrant
SimonC said:
Just had a look at their website, it is the one on Abbeydale rd isnt it.

Bit of competition for James's as you say, and for Butterworths just a few yards away!

I do hope Butterworth's keep going - great little shop.

Top Bottom