Eddie Stobart Drivers.. better than the average driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I was cycling through Spain a number of years ago, the lorries overtaking me gave me so much room they would have been closer to a cyclist coming the othe way. :smile:

Well done on the email: that helps the cyclist/driver relationship.

BSRU

A Human Being
Never had a problem with HGV drivers, I only wish other drivers would drive at the same high standards.

Paul J

Maybe it was the flourecent jacket with the word POLICE :thumbsup: I have found something like 8/10 drivers give room but your vid shows how it should be done.

DRHysted

Guru
I ride a major road to and from work, and have found that HGVs show the most consideration. Coaches & busses seem to like playing the how close to the handlebars game. In fact it was because of busses and the narrowness & twists (and potholes) that I stopped using the back road.

Graham

Never quite sure whether you should thank drivers for doing what they should do anyway by law/under the h-way code, but I guess an acknowledgement of their patience is a nice gesture.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Maybe we ought to get them training foreign drivers? as IMO foreign wagons are some of the worst drivers out there.

calibanzwei

I always happened across a farmer out with a delivery of hay during my college commute each week - always gave each other the thumbs up when crossing each others path.
Never had a problem with HGV's :biggrin:

GrasB

Veteran
For the most part articulated HGV drivers are some of the best about. The problem is when they get close it's terrifying. One thing always annoys me me is how an HGV will pass & give me loads of room then the following cars will squeeze past barely moving from their normal road position.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Perhaps I just found a bad egg then,when I saw that driver using a mobile phone,while driving his lorry down the Lea Green Road a year or two ago.

I saw it,im not lying and I was not impressed at the time.

It just means,I don't think I would trust any lorry.

That is a good pass though.

compo

Veteran
I think the Eddie Stobard senior management are very public appearence aware and take a very dim view of anything that detracts from their reputation. Having said that when going up to Scotland recently on an overnight coach a Stobard driver obviosly didn't like something the coach driver did going by the way he sat on his horn and gave the coach driver a wa**er sign.

wintonbina

Über Member
I think the Eddie Stobard senior management are very public appearence aware and take a very dim view of anything that detracts from their reputation. Having said that when going up to Scotland recently on an overnight coach a Stobard driver obviosly didn't like something the coach driver did going by the way he sat on his horn and gave the coach driver a wa**er sign.
In my opinion the coach drivers in Scotland* are amongst the worst of the worst!
*I'm not saying they are Scottish by the way!

Top Bottom