Edinburgh Nocturne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here are some of my pics of the event. I was marshaling though so there all from the same spot and I knew I'd forgotten something a decent camera the mobile phone results are pretty poor :smile: anybody else get some decent shots?
Cat 4's
3583350250_ec001c361d.jpg

Cat 2's
3582541219_ecf00a139a.jpg

Folder Race
3583351120_217de7ecf7.jpg

David Millar and Cameron Meyer Leading the Pack (Millar the second one :laugh: he isn't wearing shades)
3582542467_39ae34e745.jpg

A few Laps Later (in a class of their own)
3582542825_7e4a5f1011.jpg

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I took a few pictures (about 160+)...

Here are a few (bigger pictures on Flickr)...
3589772810_8aff3d407e.jpg

3588942061_2ebe3bee83.jpg

Cat 4

3588944343_919dd0f225.jpg

Cat 4

3589754426_251b603e36.jpg

Junior racer

3588948047_23d8d9794f.jpg

Folding race

3589757894_0e8085d75f.jpg

Folding race

3589760392_fba385b294.jpg

3588954693_43f3eaf8f3.jpg

3588957501_e4981b6474.jpg

3589769502_dd4813fb82.jpg

Heading up Victoria Street

gavintc

Guru
HJ, It seems we were standing within a few feet of each other and did not realise it. Indeed, I think I must have been standing behind you when you took the final picture in your set as that was my view of much of the races. I walked around, but came back to that narrow point between the uphill and downhill routes.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I was with HJ and Mrs HJ, looking straight down the road to the start from the bottom of the climb up Victoria St :smile:

You could have come and said Hi ! (if you'd known who we are or vice-versa !) :smile:

How's the shoulder now ?

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The last photo was taken by Mrs HJ. Scoosh and I were standing on the corner looking down towards the start, she went a little further round to take a few pic looking up Victoria St.

gavintc

Guru
scoosh said:
I was with HJ and Mrs HJ, looking straight down the road to the start from the bottom of the climb up Victoria St :smile:

You could have come and said Hi ! (if you'd known who we are or vice-versa !) :smile:

How's the shoulder now ?

Sling is off and x-ray was on Mon, started physio, but the doc does not want me to get back on the bike quite yet. My comments about Lance seemed to cut no ice. Anyway, I intend to give it a whirl this weekend - do a short ride and see what happens. The only risk seems to be coming off and ruining the nice repair work.

My new Kinesis Racelight TK will be ready for collection on Fri - so I want to at least turn the pedals and give it a spin.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
gavintc said:
Sling is off and x-ray was on Mon, started physio, but the doc does not want me to get back on the bike quite yet. My comments about Lance seemed to cut no ice. Anyway, I intend to give it a whirl this weekend - do a short ride and see what happens. The only risk seems to be coming off and ruining the nice repair work.

My new Kinesis Racelight TK will be ready for collection on Fri - so I want to at least turn the pedals and give it a spin.
So a (gentle) Glasgow to Embra then ? :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hairy Jock said:
The last photo was taken by Mrs HJ. Scoosh and I were standing on the corner looking down towards the start, she went a little further round to take a few pic looking up Victoria St.
He's the one with the hairy face :smile:

I'm the tall one without :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scoosh said:
He's the one with the hairy face :bravo:

I'm the tall one without :smile:

What no face :hello:

:smile::laugh:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I was impressed by how well that kid kept up with the others on their carbon bikes, another Scottish champion in the making...

Renard

A girl I know was supposed to be competing in the team event for her work. She was saying she was going to ride a mountain bike because of the cobbles. I told her not to. Did anyone see a blonde girl on a mtb?

Top Bottom