Effective reporting of London bus drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know several here have had need to report London bus drivers recently and have had some success in doing so. Unfortunately it can be a bit of a labyrinthine process finding your way through the complaint procedures of the individual companies and TfL (you might also end up being spammed for ever by Arriva for your pains).
It has also been mentioned that with the justification of data protection it is rather hard to be convinced at times that you are not being fobbed off and that your complaint has been taken seriously.

It would appear that the simplest and most effective route could be Roadsafe London's reporting page. I get the impression it might be harder to fob off the Met police than it is an individual cyclist.

I mention it because I came across this: Roadsafe news (I don't know how long that link will remain relevant) while reporting other incidents.

A reporting form that consists of one page and that gets responded to promptly makes a lot of sense and removes a lot of the worry that your concerns are disappearing into a bureaucratic tangle of websites, companies and government bodies. I also get the impression that Roadsafe London is starting to hit its stride by the way they've kept me aware of developments; my recent experience compares very well to those that I had, say, six months ago.

I think if the standard of driving is poor enough Roadsafe is the way to go. I'll still use TfL's bus passenger complaints page (now that I know where it is and how to use it) for less pressing matters i.e. where my immediate safety hasn't been put in jeopardy.

Top Bottom