Electric bike

Discussion in 'Electric Bikes' started by Zippy, 19 Apr 2010.

1. Zippy

Zippy New Member

I listed a battery assisted cycle in Classifieds a short while ago but no interest. I guess we are all proper cyclists here and don't need a battery assisted bike thank you.

However, my sisters and I are sole heirs of our lately departed dad's nearly new, and still under waranty, Kalkoff assisted cycle.

Any ideas how we might get a good price on this trusty not rusty steed?

2. trickletreat

trickletreat Senior Member

It may be worth posting this for sale on pedelecs forum, where there is a bigger audience and supporters of the brand. Also the electric bike rally...the tour de Presteigne is on the weekend of 8th of May so it may generate some interest.

I have put a link to your add on pedelecs classified, if that helps. It would be good to state a price.
    Nigel

3. Campfire

Campfire Über Member

Have you ever looked at the AtoB website? They deal with a lot of electric bikes. Also CTC Forum. The Kalkhof bike is one of the better ones. My friend has one, even though she's a very strong cyclist & loves the miles etc, she works in a hilly area & has to cover a few places within a time space so she just uses hers for work. She really has found it makes a difference to her working day.

4. gpx001

gpx001 Über Member

5. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Resistance is futile! Moderator

I noticed there were two threads, both with replies in, so I merged them. As you were...:biggrin:

6. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Kalkhoff....I hired one of these bikes @ Karon Beach Thailand as there was nothing else and it was very good....Is it the chain driven one?(pedal assist)

I notice bikes here are wheel driven.

P.S Im the only one who can spell it as well.

Seriously my second bike in the 70's was a Kalkhoff after my first bike (A Dawes) got nicked.I remember crying my eyes out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice