Electric Bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
They've asked me for my wheel details. I am going to buy a bike to fit it, namely a Raleigh Pioneer 2 Mens Hybrid. My theory is that it doesn't matter that it weighs 10 tons since my Copenhagen Wheel will whisk me up the hills without the merest hint of perpetration.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am looking at the Copenhagen Wheel. When it arrives I i will post a picture of my outfit.

Strangely enough I have never seen one in Denmark, not even in the shops. Electric bikes are booming in Denmark.

OP
OP
beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
[QUOTE 3850033, member: 259"]I think they're rare as hen's teeth everywhere. I'm really interested in hearing about beatlejuice's experiences with it. It was just called the Copehanegn wheel for marketing, like a swisskit had nowt to do with the land of cuckoo clocks![/QUOTE]

They are a spin off from MIT in Cambridge Massachusetts US of A.

OP
OP
beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
[QUOTE 4442068, member: 259"]Just out of interest, did you ever get your wheel from them in the end?[/QUOTE]

Not a word. Might be a case of where fools rush in. Hopefully they're not on a Californian beach imbibing in Columbia finest!

keithmac

Guru
Have a look at the Raleigh Strada e Hybrid, Shimano crank drive with integrated automatic Di-2 gear shifting.

Might try and see if I can have a trest ride on one myself!.

OP
OP
beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
Finally it arrived this morning. It came fitted with a back block and a tyre. So it was easy peasey to fit to my Triban 3. It does what is says on the tin.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Finally it arrived this morning. It came fitted with a back block and a tyre. So it was easy peasey to fit to my Triban 3. It does what is says on the tin.

Result - of sorts.

Any chance of a pic or two?

I doubt many of us have ever seen a Copenhagen wheel.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hoorah. About time, and very speedy delivery to boot. :laugh:. I have seen pictures of them, but never in the flesh so to speak.

OP
OP
beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
IMG_4399.JPG IMG_7038.JPG Thanks welsh dragon. Here are two pictures. The eagle eyed amongst you will note that my Triban needs a bit of TLC. No wires, no gibbins on the handle bar, just an app on my phone. It only has a 270w battery so can only do some 30miles. But it was built for city use. It really does take the sting out of hills. :smile:

Top Bottom