Elevation profile of my commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jann71

Veteran
Started commuting this week :biggrin:

Plan A was to start with 2 days per week but due to car trouble :ohmy::laugh:! tomorrow will be day number 4.

Anyone got a better elevation profile than this on the way home to make me feel better?

This is from work via the main road.
hrblsn.jpg

or via the cycle track which is there and back.

o8f2ub.jpg

tordis

This one's mine - I have two routes, but I figured out this one's faster:
http://veloroutes.org/bikemaps/?route=38103
Pretty straightforward, and not too hilly.

PBancroft

Jesus - that's a lot of hill. I thought mine was bad.

elevation.jpg

edit:

jann71 said:
Plan A was to start with 2 days per week but due to car trouble :angry::angry: tomorrow will be day number 4.

But that's a good thing, right?

Downward

Guru
My GPS is a bit strange though.
Looking back over the past 3 months the Elevation gain is 509 to 606 feet although it's the same route and the radiant goes from 9.4% to 12.8% for my 6.6 mile commute to work.

thomas

the tank engine
My old commute was:

min: 78.7 ft max: 570.9 ft last: 200.1 ft total dist: 14.2 mi

change: 0 ft total gain: 629 ft grade: 0% max grade: 6%

new commute:

min: 55.8 ft max: 157.5 ft last: 157.5 ft total dist: 13.2 mi

change: 19 ft total gain: 252 ft grade: 1% max grade: 1%

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
min: 13.1 ft max: 246.1 ft last: 246.1 ft total dist: 13.6 mi
change: 16 ft total gain: 580 ft grade: 2% max grade: 11%

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was never a regular cycle commuter between my home in Hebden Bridge and work in Burnley but I did do it fairly often in the summer. Here's the profile of the ride, which was all done on the A646:

homework.jpg

I had a good steady warm-up on the way in to work but the return trip was straight up a steepish hill from a cold start which was never fun.

It was a 14.8 mile commute and my fastest time going in was 49 mins (18.1 mph) and coming back it was 44 mins (20.2 mph).

Once I got to the top of Cliviger Gorge on the way home (marked on the profile), I had a nice 5 mile downhill into Todmorden and then a pretty easy run back along the Calder Valley to home.

Graham O

If I'm in a hurry, I'll go home the way I go to work. Start at 0m asl and in 4.2km, I'm 230m higher and home. It's hard but sharp and normally takes about 22minutes. The hardest part is that there is no warm up, I've 50m on the flat and then it's all uphill.

lukesdad

My commute starts at 300 ft on the gower, drops to sea level within 3miles around the coast basically flat thru burry port and pembrey & kidwelly basicaly flat. then it goes up to 700ft down into carmarthen then th tough bit 8 miles three very steep climbs to 420 ft 680ft 820ft with decsents to the valley the climb to my village is a 3/4 of a mile long with an average gradient 1 in 7 thru village nasty little dig to my drive. 37 miles this is my return journey thankfully the out ward is easier start and finnish 960ft above sea level.although its atough ride gradient is not as important to me as wind strength and direction a lot of it is pretty exposed terrain.

Top Bottom