email from TFL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jake

"Information for London cyclists

Motorcycles can now travel on most Red Route bus lanes across London for an 18 month trial ending 4 July 2010.

Please visit
tfl.gov.uk/motorcyclesinbuslanes for more information.

New signage has been installed on all relevant routes to show which bus lanes motorcycles are allowed to travel on. "

Fill out the feedback form.
Ps not cycled since end of Nov last year, hope this weather gets warmer soon. Need to get a new bike too.

snakehips

I think this is good. It might encourage more people to use two wheels instead of four , and I don't think a lot of car drivers are suddenly going to be converted to cyclists.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Tynan

Veteran
I've already had a couple of scooters go ripping past me to get to a gap first and had scooters line up both sides of me in the ASL, saw them pass another cyclist inside and outside last night too, that didn;t look clever, I plain don't lie, I have no doubt that for every motorcyclist it saves from an accident, it'll mean one for a cyclist, like we need extra ones

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
+1 On what Tynan says.

IMO it is the scooters we have a real need to watch.
I've never had a large motorbike undertake me, yet, but plenty of scooters who have
or attempted to until I shut the door on them.

Then again I had a cyclist do the same this morning before he jumped the red ped lights by cycling on the opposite side of the road just past Tower Gateway.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I think cyclists will be more at risk cos of this new rule , but i alsomthink that peds will get mowed down in large numbers, it is common in London for peds to stand around in the bus lane waiting to cross ther road!

Top Bottom