Embarrassing mistake!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Coming along Ferry Road last night towards Leith, I saw a bike in the distance jumping the red lights as I was sitting at the back of the queue of cars stopped for the same lights. Once we got going again, I was passed by a rattly white mini-bus, which got through the next set of lights a bit further along whereas I didn't.

Off again on green and a few minutes later, I saw the minibus pulled in at the side of the road, hazards on, and a body sticking out from under the bus on the left-hand side, rolling around as though trapped and in agony. The bus had run over the cyclist I saw earlier!! I hit the brakes and pulled to a stop behind it, and I could see that the guy was obviously in a lot of pain and rolling back and forward in agony. It was only as I started to get off the bike to go and try to help that I realised the cyclist wasn't wearing lycra any more. In fact, there was no sign of the bike or anyone rushing to help. Strange... and then it dawned on me.....

The bus had broken down, and the driver (there were no passengers) was attempting to wriggle and roll himself under it to fix whatever he thought was wrong. I felt like such a complete and utter tool standing there looking at him. I quickly got back on the bike and spent 5 minutes trying to get back into the traffic and get home until a kind motorist slowed and flashed to let me out.

Amazing what a vivid imagination will make you 'see' when you wrongly read the visual cues :blush:

Hehe, nice of you to stop and try to help though! :laugh:

You could have saved face by telling them you were....

Mini-bus repair man!

In a Monty Python-esc way of course! :biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
Oh dear Goo,what are you like? Think I'd have kept that one to myself
laugh.gif

fixedfixer

Veteran
The correct question would have been "Do you want a screwdriver?"

To which the correct reply would have been "Don't be silly. I'm ten minutes late as it is."

Thanks Uncle Phil, crap day ahead and read that, it made me laugh. Sad or what?

Top Bottom