Emma Pooley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Flying_Monkey said:
There's a nice little piece on Emma Pooley on Cyclingnews.com. She's been my favourite female rider for a while now, and this just confirms what an intelligent, honest, well-rounded and pleasant person she is, along with a kind of ballsy tactical naivety which makes for far more interesting races...

Lovely lady, Emma is.

Skip Madness

Cycling News said:
Looking ahead to the 2010 racing season Pooley isn't afraid to admit that she wants to win either the Giro d'Italia or the Tour de l'Aude.
I'd love to see her really go for one of these. I can't work out if being on the same team as Claudia Häusler plays to Pooley's advantage or not. On the one hand, she's the one rider Häusler will let go in either of those races which means other teams working harder. On the other, at the moment it seems inevitable that Häusler will be the stronger and Claudia deserves the knowledge that the team will be built around her.

Anyway, look at some videos:

Pooley wins in Montréal 2009

Pooley wins in Plouay 2009

Pooley comes second on Monte Serra and gets the pink jersey

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Emma is a cracking girl and I think her star is still very much on the rise. She's speaking at the Cambridge Cycling Club Annual Dinner tonight - sadly I can't go... ;-(

resal1

Super article about a National Treasure. She comes across very well. I particularly liked the bit where she says that the UK public only ever see her at the World Champs. Then they make a judgment that is not soundly based. I think that is entirely true and Nicole Cooke suffered criticism in the same way.

Top Bottom