Erm, dumb question. Sorry.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
Just trying to figure out if I have enough room in our shed to house a bike. What sort of length would a touring bike be?

:rolleyes::blush::ohmy:

At a guess (I've never thought about a bike's length before), I'd say five feet!

Doubtless someone will give you a correct/exact length.

For ease of access, you might want to consider a turning space as well, as it might be awkward backing out in the gloom and tripping over things.

domtyler

Über Member
My shed is 6x8 and I can fit four bikes comfortably, plus all the garden tools, sacks of charcoal (some hope eh? :biggrin:), three deck-chairs and loads of other junk. We've only got a small garden and the shed does take up a lot of valuable space but it is definitely worth it for us as that stuff would be in the house otherwise.

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Thanks guys. Our "shed" is nothing but a lowly 6'x3' tool shed. Don't have space for anything bigger, unless I slab off more of the grass!

Looking at the dimensions of the storage shed "wlc1" linked to gives me some hope that it'll be big enough (although it might be tight!), but I think I'll have to pop over to EBC and get more exact measurements of the bike I'm after....

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
shimano said:
erm, how about standing your bike up on the back wheel? would it fit then?

Possibly, or I could take the front wheel off (although that might be more hassle than it's worth).

Tynan

Veteran
I'm going to need something secure in front of the house fairly soon and been looking around

how much of an ag are those trimetal sheds because the bike is flat, I might have three bikes in there and flat is a bit of a nuisance surely as opposed to straight in

the only straight in ones seem to be for motorbikes and are massive

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
I popped into EBC today to take a look at the bike I'm after. It's a damn good looking bike. Unfortunately it's 1.8m end to end and my shed is 1.83m end to end. I might fit okay on the diagonal but the front opening of the shed is only 4 foot wide so I have serious doubts it's going to fit! :ohmy:

I'm bum-ed! xx(:biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
scook94 said:
I popped into EBC today to take a look at the bike I'm after. It's a damn good looking bike. Unfortunately it's 1.8m end to end and my shed is 1.83m end to end. I might fit okay on the diagonal but the front opening of the shed is only 4 foot wide so I have serious doubts it's going to fit! :wacko:

I'm bum-ed! :sad::biggrin:

My shed is a 6x3,but my double door opening is four and a half feet wide,its a practiced technique,but it goes in well,with another facing the oposite way,back wheel first,then pointing the front wheel in gets it passed the doors,Not much room for anything else but bits and pieces,but its been ok for me,i do fancy a bigger one but its down to cost,they are pretty dear really arent they?

Landslide

Rare Migrant
scook94 said:
I popped into EBC today to take a look at the bike I'm after. It's a damn good looking bike. Unfortunately it's 1.8m end to end and my shed is 1.83m end to end. I might fit okay on the diagonal but the front opening of the shed is only 4 foot wide so I have serious doubts it's going to fit! :wacko:

I'm bum-ed! :sad::biggrin:

Just take the front wheel off, or store it stood on its back wheel. Really not that much faff at all.

Top Bottom