Eroica

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I think I now have a qualifying bike so may look at this for 2018 :okay:

Gez73

Veteran
We're going and actually riding this year (25 mile). We bought two suitable?bikes! Have gone three years previous but not ridden yet. 25 mile route although not yet released is expected to be family friendly and suitable for all. Looking forward to it. Great festival and dead family orientated. Gerry

Gez73

Veteran
Yeah saw that yesterday. We'll do that one Paula and I. One stop too. I do like the sound of the Thornbridge stop though on the 50. Really hoping for Thursday arrival too. Not yet said if they'll allow that. G

Gez73

Veteran

Gez73

Veteran
I'm just a little annoyed myself about the whole idea. Wrong weekend entirely! No mention of it anywhere else but it did appear on the digital sponsor pack back in October. £64 too is a bit greedy considering I'm doing the Sunday ride and included festival pass anyway. I have a newer bike but that's not what Eroica Britannia is about. Kinda contradictory. I hope there is little interest. It could ruin Sundays rides too if the field is crammed with the Saturday lot out too. We'll see.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It does seem like a bait-and-switch, as I don't think Eroica Nova is crammed in with Eroica. I hope you're wrong and there won't be a load of segment racers out on the Sunday, or that they've got the racing out of their system the day before. Good luck!

(But I do feel it supports my decision to do other vintage rides instead of the more expensive EB...)

Gez73

Veteran
Yeah. They seem to have pushed it just a little this time. Only its second year at Friden Grange too. It might work or it won't. I'm not sure how it will go but will enjoy our festival just the same. We might look elsewhere after this year. Odd that it seems so low key and they're trying to attract the Sunday riders to the Sportive. Still no mention of it elsewhere.

Gez73

Veteran
I'm going on Friday. Never been before so just wanted to dip my toe and see what goes on.
You'll love it! Third year for us but first time to ride, doing the 30 mile route. The Nova has been cancelled too which I'm pleased about. Gez

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom