Err yeah, whatever mate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogberry

Was in a bike shop yesterday in a nearby town browsing, when this random bloke started chatting.

" Do you race then?" He says, "Nah mate,, I used to not anymore" I replied.

"Oh whys that then?"

"Just purely for the fitness now and the odd challenge thrown in" I said back, looking for the till and to make good my escape...

"Cant see the point in that, riding all those miles with no racing" He says.

:wacko:

Have any of you had weird conversations in your LBS with strangers ?!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The only weirdos I've come across in my LBS work there. It's the guys on the street you want to worry about :rolleyes:

byegad

Legendary Member
Sounds like the random bloke thought he was interviewing for a job in the LBS. Too many are owned/run by people with that attitude.

snailracer

Über Member
The OP made a dreadful mistake by going into a real shop - should've stuck with online shopping, no danger of striking up a conversation with actual human beings that way ;)

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
not had that from anyone in a shop but it sounds just like one of the guys from the local club :whistle:

OP
OP
Dogberry

Dogberry

Sounds like the random bloke thought he was interviewing for a job in the LBS. Too many are owned/run by people with that attitude.

I think your spot on with that. It was the sneer and looking down his nose attitude that I was no longer racing that has put me off visiting this particular LBS again.

Im unsure if he worked there or not and I don't really feel like going back to find out ! As someone else has pointed out, online shopping is safer and generally cheaper.

yello

"Cant see the point in that, riding all those miles with no racing"

Be fair. It was only his opinion. I doubt it was intended to offend you. I'm quite sure he would have knowledge that would be useful to you.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I think your spot on with that. It was the sneer and looking down his nose attitude that I was no longer racing that has put me off visiting this particular LBS again.

Im unsure if he worked there or not and I don't really feel like going back to find out ! As someone else has pointed out, online shopping is safer and generally cheaper.

Lol. Get a grip. Its called a sense of humour / striking up a conversation.

My LBS owner is always at it. Especially if I take a bike in from a nearby competitor lol.

One of the best bike shops going and look forward to his micky taking and what comedy p*ss take he'll come up with next

You sound paranoid. Get over it !

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Have a sneaking suspicion that you havent actually raced... and only said yeah did, dint like it....etc etc
If I ever gave up racing, last thing I would be doing is actually still riding a feckin bike.. I spose I'm alone in thinking that?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Have a sneaking suspicion that you havent actually raced... and only said yeah did, dint like it....etc etc
If I ever gave up racing, last thing I would be doing is actually still riding a feckin bike.. I spose I'm alone in thinking that?

Nope - there are many folk who don't think it's possible to ride a bike and enjoy it.

To them, you either race or you're poor and can't afford a car so commute on a bike.

OP
OP
Dogberry

Dogberry

If you read my introduction you'll find that I have raced.

You've prolly never raced and just come on here to troll ?

As in your dumb-ass statement " If I ever gave up racing, last thing I would be doing is actually still riding a feckin bike", yet here you are on a bike forum.

:hello:

OP
OP
Dogberry

Dogberry

Lol. Get a grip. Its called a sense of humour / striking up a conversation.

My LBS owner is always at it. Especially if I take a bike in from a nearby competitor lol.

One of the best bike shops going and look forward to his micky taking and what comedy p*ss take he'll come up with next

You sound paranoid. Get over it !

And you sound like a simpleton who lets a bike shop owner take the p*ss out of you.

All sounds very exciting :whistle:

Man up !

:thumbsup:

He probably didn't mean any harm, however I'd have felt awkward too. I blame cynicism from working in the police making me inherently suspicious of anyone!

sabian92

Über Member
Nope - there are many folk who don't think it's possible to ride a bike and enjoy it.

To them, you either race or you're poor and can't afford a car so commute on a bike.

Some of us actually are like that though, us students... :tongue:

Top Bottom