Etape Caledonia 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's happening! Not only that but you can enter online here!

I've got to check with the wife, but hopefully I'll be up for this.

So who else is entering :tongue:.

(Thanks to Maverick75 for spotting this)

fudgedog

Definitely up for it, despite the "problem" yesterdays event was brilliant and congrats to the organisers who handled the situation very well. The zip on saddle bag broke and I lost my glasses and mob phone, got call late afternoon from organisers to say they found them xx(

LeeW

Thinking of doing it next year although I need to consider if it really is worth the carbon footprint which 700 miles of traveling produces. It was the longest car journey I have done by a long distance. Alternivly I may look at the train.
Very Enjoyable ride. If I was to do it next year, due to the possibilty of a repeat of this years problems I may use tyre slime like I do on my commuting bike, not tested it with a tack yet but it is effective against thorns which are simular.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
LeeW said:
Thinking of doing it next year although I need to consider if it really is worth the carbon footprint which 700 miles of traveling produces. It was the longest car journey I have done by a long distance. Alternivly I may look at the train.

Not if you cycle :laugh::biggrin:

kennykool

Now i have calmed down a bit about the whole thing I have decided that I am indeed going to enter next year PLUS i'll be bringing more frinds along than the 8 I brought this year.

I hope the event gets even BIGGER next year.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Good on you kenny!

Well I have now entered. It would be brilliant if this event 'sold out' quickly sending a message to the idiots that we won't be bullied.

Anyway I am looking forward to the 'pulled along with the pelton' effect that I have heard about. I might need that to make it in my estimated 'under 5 hours 30 mins'. ;)

kennykool

Thats it then......entry sorted.

Now focussing my energy on London-Paris Cycle in July....Hopefully the Frecnh Farmers don't object to us using their roads and try and sabotage the route!!!!!! ;)

D-Rider

You know, it's only though Cycle Chat that I had ever heard of this event. Until now, of course, when it's all over the news and the papers! I really hope these idiots have scored a massive own goal and there's a massive turnout next year. I'm not going to commit to enter in the heat of the moment but it's on my radar now so I may well take part next year if I can get my fitness up......

kennykool

I have litterally just emailed my mate saying exactly that..... I reckon we should get accomodation etc booked up early doors cos with all the publicity that the event has had over the past few days I expect the entry to be full VERY quickly

Lets show these protestors that we wont stop cycling!!!!!!!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Agree about accommodation.

I want to keep the costs fairly low but to have somewhere fairly near the start.

I'd be happy to share a twin room with someone.

LeeW

magnatom said:
Agree about accommodation.

I want to keep the costs fairly low but to have somewhere fairly near the start.

I'd be happy to share a twin room with someone.

A dorm bed at the pitlochry backpackers hotel will cost you all of £13 and it is about as close to the start as you are going to get. The room I stayed in had two sets of bunk beds. Although the place was fully booked, two people did not turn up (maybe put off by weather forecast?). Thus there was only me and one other rider in the room.

Top Bottom