Etiquette advice for bad female driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
What's acceptable abuse when you get really bad female driving?

I was mulling over an incident where I was scarily cut up by a woman in a BMW who forced her way past me at speed on a pinch point for pedestrians. I yelled something at her that included the word "b*tch".

At which point she stopped and then blocked me in and told me I was'n't showing her respect by calling her that. I pointed out that she hardly merited respect the way she drove and tried to go on. Each time I tried to pull off, she blocked me with her car again and the same cycle started. I think at some point if she was a bloke I might have got very nastily unpleasant, but I eventually said something like "if you want respect get out of the car and confront me face to face" and like the coward she was she drove off.

Now, should I have called her a "b*tch" once?

Would it have been OK to carry on abusing her with similar language?

She was actually quite good looking and it crossed my mind briefly to say something like, "I like fit nasty women, do you want a shag" - to get rid of her, would that be OK?

Should I have just thumped her?

Advice wanted!

Don't rise to it would be the best advice.
I've also had very hostile responses from female drivers after being cut up by them on the M1 and in MK and it's not worth getting riled about. There are some astonishingly bad drivers out there of both genders.
Obviously I'm a girl, but I drive a blokey car (VW Passat TDI Sport) so on first reaction they might think I'm a bloke, which might explain the hostility.

OP
OP
bof

bof

John Ponting said:
Threat it the same way you would bad male driving ... check the size of the driver and then do a runner!

Ah, but I am bigger and harder than most women, but not most men!!

Being wrapped up in one ten of metal makes some women as unpleasant bullies as any man.

Cab

In that situation, you get your phone out (if you have one) and call the police. She's blocking your way using a vehicle, intentionally, its dangerous and stupid. She's blocking the road for you and other traffic, she's endangered the public, and she's threatening assault with her vehicle.

gbb

Legendary Member
If you insult someone from the off...it'll probaby only go downhill from there. Even then, if you dont, you just as likely may get some aggro.

I got baulked by an oncoming car in a village....i leant over to the open window of the car as it passed and said.....'nice one, thanks a bundle'

How 'nice but sarcastic' can you be without insulting someone.

'Fcuk off you daffodil' came the reply from the female driver. And she had children in the rear xx(:ohmy::ohmy:

The moral....if the situation allows and i can hold my tongue, i am usually 'nicely sarcastic'....sometimes, i dont know why i bother.

I find the "Why?" open palmed hand gesture and a shake of the head the most effective, but on occasion foul language is deserved. In that case apply the following simple reasoning:

Equal rights = Equal insults

Call her whatever you like under the sun, but she may not react very well to it, just as a bloke might not.

snorri

Legendary Member
The swearing is bad, but it's not easy to hold back at times.
It might be an idea just to say calmly "I've got your number" as you glance towards the registration plate. Even if it does not get an immediate response it gives the offender something to think about after the event.

OP
OP
bof

bof

snorri said:
The swearing is bad, but it's not easy to hold back at times.
It might be an idea just to say calmly "I've got your number" as you glance towards the registration plate. Even if it does not get an immediate response it gives the offender something to think about after the event.

The original "bitch" as I had to come to a very abrupt halt on my bike was the only swear word that passed my lips. Actually by the end of the incident I was finding it hard to keep a straight face as there was a bunch of builders standing watching and enjoying the row, and other drivers blowing their horns with the road blocked both ways by her antics.

frog

Don't waste your breath on them. Just ride on and be content in the knowledge she'll try it on with something her own size, or bigger, and come off worst. xx(

When I first started commuting by bike a few years ago, I was cycling along a road in Leith (can't remember which one) when a Range Rover with 2 women in it tried (actually did) squeeze me right into the kerb so that they could get passed. As they were passing the female passenger shouted something at me, to which my response was "fu_king who_e". I ahve absolutely no idea where this insult came from, it just popped out!!

Umh I'll just add that if some car driver came at me with a load of sexual aggression following whatever altercation then they would be met with my unbridled rage. I would have no qualms about getting out of the car and kicking the living crap out of them. If you are a female, sexual aggression is completely unacceptable. If you want to provoke a situation, then by all means call a woman a 'b*tch' or whatever, but if you do expect a less than co-operative response.

Top Bottom