Eurovision 2022/23 predictions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Love Eurovision. It's camp, over the top and ridiculous.

Personally I've never cared about the "Bloc voting" Wogan used to go on about at great length (Norton is a bit more subtle I think). How anyone can be cynical about the show is beyond me. Not everything has to carry a message, though the message I take is from the songs which are almost overwhelmingly positive and uplifting.

I've known about Sam Ryder for a while. He's a great singer, and excellent chap by all accounts.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
That IMO is why its not worth watching. The winner has already been chosen. It is just political now.
We used to watch it many years ago when then best song/singer had a chance of winning.

I agree and in the past it's made me really frustrated and not want to watch in the future. But this year,I just don't care. Happy to embrace its shortcomings to give a boost to an incredibly brave nation.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm annoyed it doesn't start until 8 o'clock. I wanted to watch it with the kids. We'll have to watch it tomorrow on catch up.

AndyRM

XOXO
May be even later depending on how flexible the Beeb are prepared to be with their programming. The FA Cup final is going toward extra time and they've said nothing about shuffling anything.

winjim

Smash the cistern
May be even later depending on how flexible the Beeb are prepared to be with their programming. The FA Cup final is going toward extra time and they've said nothing about shuffling anything.

I'm not sure the organisers of Eurovision would be prepared to reorganise the most important date in their calendar just to accommodate a British football tournament.

They must have thought about it. BBC2 has a load of throwaway nonsense they can get rid of.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm not sure the organisers of Eurovision would be prepared to reorganise the most important date in their calendar just to accommodate a British football tournament.

They must have thought about it. BBC2 has a load of throwaway nonsense they can get rid of.

Far more eloquently put.

lazybloke

Considering a new username

FFS, if only the BBC had a sports channel

Top Bottom