Evans Gatwick ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm signed up for this evans off road jaunt in october (I'll need to go find my off road legs first)

Anyone have any experience or hints for this (especially for an old MTB'er who has been on the road for a few years). I'm keen to see how easy/tough it is and also how kind on the eye it is as I am told its a pretty nice route.

http://www.evanscycl...th-october-2010

Jonny

By its nature, being right next to Gatwick airport, the first few miles will be on roads as few offroad tracks, but ones away from the Crawley/Horley/Gatwick area there are some nice off road lanes, once up onto the North Downs, which can have some steep hills, some nice views as well. the route trough Forest Row is also quite nice as well with views over ashdown forest

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
By its nature, being right next to Gatwick airport, the first few miles will be on roads as few offroad tracks, but ones away from the Crawley/Horley/Gatwick area there are some nice off road lanes, once up onto the North Downs, which can have some steep hills, some nice views as well. the route trough Forest Row is also quite nice as well with views over ashdown forest

It was almost exactley as you described. The north downs offered fantastic views (as well as over 2200 feet of climbing!). Even the weather held off so, although extremely muddy, it wasnt raining on the day.

Loved it and got some pretty good footage on the head cam. Really good bunch of riders too from mixed experiences. Great day out, I'd recommend it to anyone interested in starting MTB'ing

Peter10

Sounded like fun. Any chance you can post some of the clips here when you have time? I would like to get back into mountain biking.

It was almost exactley as you described. The north downs offered fantastic views (as well as over 2200 feet of climbing!). Even the weather held off so, although extremely muddy, it wasnt raining on the day.

Loved it and got some pretty good footage on the head cam. Really good bunch of riders too from mixed experiences. Great day out, I'd recommend it to anyone interested in starting MTB'ing

Glad you enjoyed it, I have never done the Gatwick ride, as living in that area, I ride in that area too much, the nice thing about the Northdowns is you can easlily use the train to access the area, and do end to end with out having to worry about getting to or back to the car.

Top Bottom