Evening meals

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by speccy1, 11 Apr 2010.

1. speccy1

speccy1 Guest

What sort of things do you guys have to eat in the evening??

I`m sick to death of the same half a dozen things over and over again!!

Any ideas for dishes that are relatively quick but on the healthy side?? I need some inspiration before I climb the walls:thumbsup::wacko:

2. Noodley

Noodley Guest

What are the half dozen things you eat now? No point telling you if I eat ther same things! :wacko:

3. OP
    OP
    speccy1

speccy1 Guest

Goog point:biggrin:

Nothing very exciting, curry, chilli, something with chicken, something with pasta, sarnies if I`m in a rush, or occasionally a Chinese (about once a fortnight)

I`m sick to death of all of it!!!!

4. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

5. OP
    OP
    speccy1

speccy1 Guest

Nice one;)

6. domd1979

domd1979 New Member

Slow cookers are really good for easy cooking. I like doing dahl in mine!

7. Bayerd

Bayerd Über Member

How about fajitas, stir fry, full Sunday roast or cheese n onion omlette? (with a bit of salad on the side).

8. Telemark

Telemark Cycling is fun ...

Couscous appears to be missing from your list ... can't think of anything faster, and very versatile.

Hot or cold, especially nice with olives, peppers, feta cheese, fresh herbs etc, just by itself. We had it with a nice piece of quick-fried lamb last week, you could try seasoning the lamb with fresh lemon juice ...
    Of you could try it with chick peas, raisins, lots of fresh coriander, lemon and lamb or chicken...

T

9. You haven't mentioned-
    burgers
    kebabs
    kfc
    ahh now I know where I'm going wrong:smile:

10. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

11. OP
    OP
    speccy1

speccy1 Guest

Some nice ideas to go on with, thanks;):wacko:

12. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Quick and tasty:

Heat microwave rice
    Stick some peppered mackarel into microwave for 1 minute then mix in with rice
    Add a dollop of 0 per cent greek yoghurt and stir into the rice/mackarel
    Serve with salad and pitta

Heat small tin of beans, add some chicken and grated chesse, stir until gloopy - serve in tortillas with some hot garlic and chilli sauce on top

Stir fry some ready cooked prawns, add a packet of stirfry sauce, heat microwave rice and then stir into prawns and sauce

Whisk 3 eggs and heat for 1 min 40 in 850W microwave, stir in low fat Philly cheese and serve on wholemeal toast

Have a pie :wacko:

13. OP
    OP
    speccy1

speccy1 Guest

I like the look of those, particularly the prawn and the egg recipies, this is exactly what I need, I haven`t got the imagination to think things like this up:blush:!!

14. Noodley

Noodley Guest

What about the pie idea? :wacko:

15. longers

longers Veteran

I do the mackerel but differently.

Gently fry a chopped onion for a bit, add a drained tin of sweetcorn, add a drained tin of chickpeas, add some chopped ginger, break up the mackerel and add that. Add some lemon juice. Add a cup of rice, stir for a couple of minutes - still frying gently.
    Add twice the volume of water to rice you put in. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to minimum and cook for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and leave for five minutes.
    Eat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice