eVent Jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I'm looking for a new waterproof jacket (my trusty Gore fails to respond to treatment after 5 years of occasional use).

I've got my eye on a few eVent jackets and was wondering if anyone has any experience of the following, or has any additional recommendations:

Vaude Pace
Montane Stormrider
Pace 3X3
dhb Wickham
Rab Drillium
Endura Venturi

I'd prefer a tighter fit, that's why I am erring towards the Vaude, but I am open to persuasion.

I was lucky enough to get hold of a Gill Pro Speed eVENT jacket, I know it's not on your list but just to say that it's amazingly breathable and 100% waterproof. They have stopped making them now but I believe this is the same. Also mine is a great fit on the bike having gibbon like arms. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_Wickham_eVENT_Waterproof_Jacket/5360037016/ The only tip I would offer is that if you ride a roadbike make sure it is packable into one of your water bottle holders. I can fit mine into my jacket pocket but it's a squeeze whereas it rolls perfectly into the holder.

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
That's a coincidence - I edited my post to include the Wickham at the same time you recommended it - 16.20!

I'm less worried about packing it down as I have a carradice saddle bag and I can get 8 cans of larger in that...

Thanks for the advice - I remember when CRC were selling the Gill eVent jacket a couple of years or so ago, I should have snapped one up then..

balzer69

I have the dhb jacket and it is indeed very good - as breathable as a waterproof jacket can get. It has a few drawbacks, mainly lack of any pockets at all, but is affordable.

However Gore have good CS and may replace the jacket if the fabric has failed.

yello

Let us (well, me!) know which one you get and how it performs. I'm very interested in eVent, and will eventually get a jacket.

I have read that the Montane Stormrider is not best cut for cyclists, the arms being a tad short as I recall... or was that another make, dunno, can't remember! I personally wouldn't be interested in a hood (it restricts vision) so that rules out at least the Rab from that list.

Top Bottom