Event Photography

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it just me or does anyone else think these companies that take official photos at events are extracting the urine when it comes to pricing?

Just had thhe etape photos listed on sportcam.net and If I want the 5 reasonable photos they got me on they want £50 xx(

Noodley

But the 5th one is FREE :smile: And you get them on a CD...xx(

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So is it £12.50 each ? - S'pose not too bad as not everyone will want the full set, and taking photo's isn't that profitable game to be in.

OP
OP
lifeson

lifeson

fossyant said:
So is it £12.50 each ? - S'pose not too bad as not everyone will want the full set, and taking photo's isn't that profitable game to be in.

For cd, the first image is £20, the second is £15, the third £10, the fourth £5, and all subsequent images are free

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
copy the pics and google for a freeware watermark remover?
Actually no, that would be dishonest... I have a relative who is a photographer, and just about to go out of business :biggrin:
Depends how much you want the pics... you could have fun trying to re-create the etape on local roads, and get a friend to photo you... :biggrin:

lifeson said:
Is it just me or does anyone else think these companies that take official photos at events are extracting the urine when it comes to pricing?

Just had thhe etape photos listed on sportcam.net and If I want the 5 reasonable photos they got me on they want £50 :smile:

Yeah it seems like a stupid price for me too :sad: and I don't think i'm smiling in any of them ;).

walker

Fnaar said:
copy the pics and google for a freeware watermark remover?
Actually no, that would be dishonest... I have a relative who is a photographer, and just about to go out of business ;)
Depends how much you want the pics... you could have fun trying to re-create the etape on local roads, and get a friend to photo you... :smile:

It's only ever worked if you can be there just as they have uploaded within 5 minutes, after that they are copywrited and as soon as you right click to copy you get all the jargon about it being illigal

Mortiroloboy

I agree, way too expensive IMO, They get away with it cos lots of us want a picture of ourselves in action (as it were) On Sundays Club run there were a couple of snappers at the top of Watership Down, probably taking snaps of bunnies and flowers, but one guy got down on his haunches and started taking pictures of the club as we toiled up the hill, it seemed inappropriate to stop and get his details, plus I would have been left behind, but I would like an action pic, something to frame and be able to show to grandchildren in times to come.

Top Bottom