Exciting riders to look out for next season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
With all the talk about Cav and Gilbert and where they might go, it might have escaped people's attention that there are some really exciting prospects who've been signed to World Tour teams for the first time. Here's three I am going to be watching:

Sky have signed the very talented Colombian rider, Sergio Luis Henao Montoya, who can both TT and dance up the steep slopes in classic Colombian style.

Garmin just recently snapped up Nathan Haas, the young man who has been tearing up Australian cycling this year and then took the Japan Cup right at the end of the season ahead of all kinds of more experienced riders.

Not all of them are young though. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Iranian hard man, Mehdi Sohrabi, who has signed for Lotto-Ridley, after being dominant on the Asia Tour for several years.

Anyone the rest of you are keeping an eye on?

PpPete

Legendary Member
I'm looking forward to seeing if Peter Sagan and John Degenkolb can fulfil their early promise.

Edge705

Pierre Rolland looked much too comfortable in the hills for such a young lad on this years tour I mean he wasnt even grimmacing when contador et al were blowing out their backsides so one to look out for in the grand tours unless he ends up as a domestique

Gilbert for me this season has been a different class I watched how he destroyed the field single handed in the canadian grand prix and given the busy season winning all thos classics im amazed how he maintains such output and for so long is beyond me he'll be another one to watch in the classics

I like the lad bosen hagen as well he looks to have a bright future as for british riders Im not sure but if the worlds are anything to go sky will be delivering cav to the winning line as well

Very interesting next year only spoilt by what at first glance looks a very average tour de france

beastie

Guru
Pierre Rolland looked much too comfortable in the hills for such a young lad on this years tour I mean he wasnt even grimmacing when contador et al were blowing out their backsides so one to look out for in the grand tours unless he ends up as a domestique

Gilbert for me this season has been a different class I watched how he destroyed the field single handed in the canadian grand prix and given the busy season winning all thos classics im amazed how he maintains such output and for so long is beyond me he'll be another one to watch in the classics

I like the lad bosen hagen as well he looks to have a bright future as for british riders Im not sure but if the worlds are anything to go sky will be delivering cav to the winning line as well

Very interesting next year only spoilt by what at first glance looks a very average tour de france

I like the balance of the tour parcours. It means the climbers should attack more on the mountains, and try to accumulate time gains at any opportunity, plus the extra time trial will move the all rounders up the order before the last week. Cadel then Clebutador, then Wiggins!!!!!??????????

Keith Oates

Janner
I think it will be interesting to see if Chris Froome can build on what he achieved this year and maybe take over from Wiggins before the end of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lukesdad

Pierre Rolland for me to, it would be good for the sport for the french to get a genuine contender for the GTs after all these years.

Noodley

Most seasons I have a look at FDJ and pick a rider to follow for the coming season, this year it will be Thibaut Pinot.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Good to see him get a few decent placings in the mountains in the Tour de Suisse :becool:

Yeah, that was a good spot. Of mine, Henao we all know about now, but Haas has been all but invisible except in a couple of unsuccessful breakaways, and Sohrabi was 2nd in the Asian championships but otherwise has been similarly invisible.

Top Bottom