Exhibition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DTD

Veteran
Just a heads up for those of you in the North West…

I have a new photography exhibition called '1984 Looks Like This' which runs from 17 March to 1 July at Salford Museum and Art Galley, it combines a long term documentary project about CCTV surveillance in the UK with my collection of ephemera about George Orwell's novel 'Nineteen Eighty-Four'.

More info at: http://www.salford.gov.uk/forthcoming-exhibitions.htm
1984 exhibition_web.jpg

If you're cycling past – there's bike racks next to the gallery on the Salford University campus.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hmmm... might drop in; I've been going to Salford Crescent recently to meet the son of an overseas customer who is at the uni and I want to have a stroll around and get to know Salford a bit better. There's the cathedral and a huge green student pub that looks interesting!

OP
OP
DTD

DTD

Veteran
If the pub's 'The Crescent' I believe Marx and Engels used to pop in for a swift half.
On the corner is the site of Transport House, which was the old North West HQ of the Transport and General Worker's Union, where I used to volunteer.

ASC1951

Guru
If the pub's 'The Crescent' I believe Marx and Engels used to pop in for a swift half.
Which Engels will have paid for. I like the irony that Marx' belief in the collapse of industrial capitalism was only developed because he was able to support himself all his life on the textile fortune of Engels' father.

Top Bottom