EXMOUTH EXODUS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
....will be on the 6/7th June.

Overnight from Bristol to Exmouth. Free to enter. No support but there will be tea, pasta and nibbles somewhere en-route.

Oh and the website should have the correct dates on it as soon as I've poked Big Dave out of his slumber. Just follow the link in my sig....

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
OK - I'm in.
*shudders*

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Right, with you.
So to speak:evil:

I meant I'm planning on joining you for a ride.:wacko:
Erm...I'm joining you and Baggy for the night.:tongue:
This is all going horribly wrong.:becool:

bonj2

Chuffy said:
....will be on the 6/7th June.

Overnight from Bristol to Exmouth. Free to enter. No support but there will be tea, pasta and nibbles somewhere en-route.

Oh and the website should have the correct dates on it as soon as I've poked Big Dave out of his slumber. Just follow the link in my sig....

I would enter, but it's a bit far - so please can you just send me the free tea, pasta and nibbles in the post please Chuffy?
I think if you didn't it would be classed as discrimination against those that live too far away,
Thanks.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
bonj said:
I would enter, but it's a bit far - so please can you just send me the free tea, pasta and nibbles in the post please Chuffy?
I think if you didn't it would be classed as discrimination against those that live too far away,
Thanks.
No tea and nibbles for Northernm lightweights...

paddy01

As I live in Exmouth I really really want to do this but I'm very concious of never having tackled anywhere near that distance yet.

I'm getting out several evenings a week and putting in between 20 and 30 miles averaging around 15/16mph but I really need to sort meself out and set aside time at the weekends to go further.

Still, the following Monday has been booked off work. The wife is primed to be available to come fetch me during the night if the wheels metaphorically or actually do come off so I'd better get meself in gear :smile:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
paddy01 said:
As I live in Exmouth I really really want to do this but I'm very concious of never having tackled anywhere near that distance yet.

I'm getting out several evenings a week and putting in between 20 and 30 miles averaging around 15/16mph but I really need to sort meself out and set aside time at the weekends to go further.

Still, the following Monday has been booked off work. The wife is primed to be available to come fetch me during the night if the wheels metaphorically or actually do come off so I'd better get meself in gear :laugh:
Good lad! You'll probably surprise yourself. :rofl:

Tynan

Veteran
All for it other than it being on the other bloody side of the country

Can't be more manly than the Dunwich Dynamo surely

GrahamG

Guru
Baggy said:
It's got more hills...

Is the DD totally flat then? I was relieved last year to find the exodus route actually only has three hills so is fairly easy, I reckon anyone who can do 50-60 miles will get though it thanks to the superb fuelling stops along the way.

I'm going to try it on fixed this year and the other half is going to be joining me too. Hopefully this won't make the getting home arrangements too difficult!

Has anyone ever had problems with leaving their car/van overnight in Exmouth?

paddy01

GrahamG said:
Is the DD totally flat then? I was relieved last year to find the exodus route actually only has three hills so is fairly easy, I reckon anyone who can do 50-60 miles will get though it thanks to the superb fuelling stops along the way.

I'm going to try it on fixed this year and the other half is going to be joining me too. Hopefully this won't make the getting home arrangements too difficult!

Has anyone ever had problems with leaving their car/van overnight in Exmouth?

You shouldn't have any problems leaving a car overnight near the town centre. Just pick one of the roads off the center which doesn't have time restrictions on the parking. Something like Victoria Road or St Andrews road would be the sort of place.

Cheers

Paddy

Top Bottom