Exmouth Exodus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Hi Nigel :hello:

I've ridden it twice, in fair weather and foul, and now help out with the organisation by trundling round with the tea van. I'm probably biased, but think it's a brilliant ride! The route has a couple of climbs, but if you're fairly fit, comfortable doing rides of 70ish miles, can fix your own punctures and confident you can follow the route sheet/gps, should get round without too much trouble. There are some nice flat bits, too.

It finishes at a cafe on the beach and the end is very close to Exmouth train station.

Quite a few fellow Cycle Chatters have ridden it, so am sure someone else will be along to give you their unbiased opinion :smile:

Saw this and seriously thinking of doing it

http://www.exmouthex...co.uk/index.php

Wondered if anyone has done it or is familiar with any of the route.

Cheers.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Entered a few years ago but was a DNS - weather was bad :wacko:
Its on my list of to do rides , so maybe this year :whistle:

The route looks great especially climbing Burrington Combe in the dark, and dropping down into Cheddar !!!

Just one question - are there trains from Exmouth on a Sunday ?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Yes, trains run hourly to Exeter from about 9.00am on Sundays.

Descending the Gorge in the dark was one of the best bits for me, though it can be a bit hairy in torrential rain! The tea van should be at the bottom of the Groge again this year...

Entered a few years ago but was a DNS - weather was bad :wacko:
Its on my list of to do rides , so maybe this year :whistle:

The route looks great especially climbing Burrington Combe in the dark, and dropping down into Cheddar !!!

Just one question - are there trains from Exmouth on a Sunday ?

david1701

I'd love to but I'm not up to the distance yet

Glover Fan

I'm very tempted, it's only March and i've managed 70 miles easy enough, 100 miler shouldn't be too much of an ask and I pretty much know the whole route on the back of my hand (which is probably a good job cause I don't want to spend silly money on lights).

Think I may be a goer.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Good to see a few more people stepping forward, plenty of time to get the miles in by August!

Jerry, a night ride is a good excuse for two breakfasts, one at the cafe at the finish, and then one at home :biggrin:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
After 27th March there should be some good offers on lights!
Have seen people use a mixture of everything from Lumicycles and Ay-Ups right down to a pair of Tesco torches mounted on the bars.

Top Bottom