Extended pub hours ..... tackling the piss heads - arrggghhh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Haven't done Saturday OT for a long time so snatched the chance today to get some more pennies.

As I was riding to work, I noticed lots of 'wobbly' blokes, increasing as I got towards the town centre. 2 of them decided it would be fun to 'pretend' to jump in front of me shouting BOO (as if I hadn't seen them yawn). Another 1 could hardly stand and was wavering precariously, about to fall into the gutter. And to top it all, a group of about 5 - 6 thought it really funny to try and smack my back side as I went past.

It was all a bit intimidating and 6.15 in the morning!!! :biggrin::angry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
6.15 argh !!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Silly buggers.

I had a pair of school kids shout "rargh!" or some such as I went past them in Whitworth Park on Friday. Next time it happens, they're getting the Fox 40 in answer.

I was riding home from work last year, when an impatient woman in a BMW swerved her car at me to try and stop me filtering past her. It worked as I was almost crushed against the wall next to me.

At that moment I remembered I had a rape alarm in my pocket, handed out by some charity group as I was leaving work. I tapped on her window, and when she cracked it down, pulled the tab and dropped the alarm down the side of the passenger seat.

That thing was f*cking loud!

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Now I can think and have a laugh about it, how a 18 stone odd bloke thought he could hide behind a lamp post is sooo funny. Woooo scarey!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Tynan said:
how does a whistle work on a bike?

I remove one hand from the bars, grasp the whistle between thumb and forefinger, and raise it to my lips, at which point, method of operation of the device does not differ from that used while dismounted.

Eh thengew.

sadjack

Jacomus

I'm laughing and my sides ache!!! Brilliant.

I want some of those......

bianco

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I was riding home from work last year, when an impatient woman in a BMW swerved her car at me to try and stop me filtering past her. It worked as I was almost crushed against the wall next to me.

At that moment I remembered I had a rape alarm in my pocket, handed out by some charity group as I was leaving work. I tapped on her window, and when she cracked it down, pulled the tab and dropped the alarm down the side of the passenger seat.

That thing was f*cking loud!

Dangerous but fantastic, I think you can get these for the pound shop. Wish I had the balls to do that

Tynan

Veteran
John the Monkey said:
I remove one hand from the bars, grasp the whistle between thumb and forefinger, and raise it to my lips, at which point, method of operation of the device does not differ from that used while dismounted.

Eh thengew.

yes I did work that out, just wandered how long that took in what presumably is an incident presumably calling for brakes and steering, not quite the same as sparing a thumb for a bell

or shouting

is it

;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Shouting is quicker regardless - on drops, you have to move your hand to reach a bell (assuming you're using the drops) in any case.

The big problem with bells, I've found, is that they aren't loud or penetrating enough, and people under 30 don't seem to know what they mean on the odd occasion they do hear them.

Tynan

Veteran
fair point, flats at the mo but the drops plus gleaming noo bike arriving in three weeks and counting

bells are either very good or useless so agreed again

fair points then, do people hear a whistle and work out what's happening wuicl enough

A loud shout of "BIKE!" often freezes daft peds long enough to get past them if they step into the road. You have to time it right though, or they will freeze and then squirrel around infront of you if you do it too early.

Have to say though, there are not many times when I haven't predicted a ped conflict and adjusted my position or speed already.

Top Bottom