Extreme cycle trips ideas...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AC Cube

Hi new to this site. But looking for some inspiration for a cycle challenge.

My friends and I are looking for a cycle route which is extremely challenging and also a small adventure.. we've got 6 days and are happy to cycle between 80-120km per day.

What we don't want are the obvious routes London to Paris etc... In the past we've cycled over the high Atlas mts. Happy either on road bikes or mountain bikes probably looking to travel June July time. At the moment we are thinking Oslo to Stockholm.. Which has the distance but not the 'extreme' that we're looking for.

Any ideas welcome

Thanks

AC

dragon72

Guru
Perpignan to Biarritz, Med to Atlantic, the length of the Pyrenees, including as many of the highest road summits as poss, including the TdF classic Col du Tourmalet.

How about Spitsbergen ... minimum tourists, unspoilt rugged terrain, beautiful fjords, unmetalled roads & tracks, and if that's not exciting enough for you ....... Polar Bears, so you'll be one link lower in the food chain.:ohmy:

The north east tip of britain, from aberdeen to john-o-groats?
I seem to remember it being extremely scenic and steep in places when i drove my old beemer up there two years ago.
(That same beemer painted 11 in rubber over hardknott pass last year. :evil:)

Bodhbh

Guru
A UK off-road coast to coast of some stripe? You might be able to to cross the interior of Iceland in 6 days, but seems a shame tbh to travel up there and just belt across.

Or do the Oslo to Stockholm. But do it in March :biggrin:

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
A tour of the far northwest

Inverness-Gairloch-Ullapool-Lochinver-Scourie-Durness-Thurso-John o'groats-Brora-Dingwall-Inverness

About the right distance, and any number of loops to add or lop off if timings not right, stunning scenery, pretty wild and remote in places. Also, the chance of a B&B or hotel in any number of places. May or September quietest, but June / July still quiet in comparison to the rest of UK

A tour of the far northwest

Inverness-Gairloch-Ullapool-Lochinver-Scourie-Durness-Thurso-John o'groats-Brora-Dingwall-Inverness

About the right distance, and any number of loops to add or lop off if timings not right, stunning scenery, pretty wild and remote in places. Also, the chance of a B&B or hotel in any number of places. May or September quietest, but June / July still quiet in comparison to the rest of UK

As above, but use the Landrover tracks which criss-cross along the Route and Area.

Top Bottom