Eyup from Leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leodis

Veteran
Hi All,
I am from Moor Allerton in Leeds, just started cycling and I mean just started after 20+ years, I rode my bike from Evans home... So 5 miles so far lol.

Not sure what else to say without it sounding like an AA meeting.

cyclegeek

Hello and :welcome: you will find loads of advice on here. What bike did you go for?

OP
OP
Leodis

Leodis

Veteran
Eyup... I went for the Cannondale Badboy R4, beast of a bike and I was really nervous cycling home up a main road but switched to a cycle route for part of the way and loved it and wasnt that knackered afterwards, though I did have a few stops and got off and pushed on some hills.

Ale is my main beverage of choice any really just love drinking my way through the taps.

Colly, yeah Oakwood isnt far and will meet up.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hello from me - I'm in Dewsbury but work in Leeds city centre.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
I came back to cycling after 15+ years; you'll be OK, I can do 50-70 miles now after a couple of dodgy years.
Just take it casual to start.
All the best.

postman

Legendary Member
Now then,and welcome.Moor Allerton eh.Well that throws up an interesting question.I have just looked at Wikipedia to locate Moor Allerton.You see i was born in 1950 Feb.March 1950 my parents were given a council house on the Cranmer Bank Estate as it was known in those days.Moor Allerton as i know it as a former Postman is off Street Lane,apart from one Moor Allerton street which is next to Marks and Spencers,which used to be The Chained Bull.Moor Allerton Golf Club is now a restraurant which was formerly a pub.The Allerton.The area Moor Allerton came into use to boost the Sainsbury supermarket.Which is built on Saxon Road.Also using the name of Moor Allerton increases the value of the former council properties of the Crannie Bank,Tynwalds ,Deanswoods and Black Moor Road houses.I grew up in Tynwald Close on the Moortown Estate.How close are you to there.I live just off Stonegate Road.I am off the bike at the mo.Due to gallbladder removal.But if you would like a couple of over 60 cycling buddies this summer .We shall be glad to take you around our beautiful countryside.Bolton Abbey Burnsall York etc.All at a nice easy pace.Cafe stops are mandatory.All the best to you and your new bike.

OP
OP
Leodis

Leodis

Veteran
Hi Postman, Scotland Wood Road. The wifes mother has lived in the house since the early 1960s and we bought it from her who now lives on Tynwold drive. I normally call it Moortown but since the Church on the Moortown roundabout is called St. John the Evangelist, Moor Allerton I thought best start using it, though really we could be classed as Meanwood.

Sounds like a plan.

postman

Legendary Member
Scotland Wood Road.My word one of my old deliverys.After my divorce i lived in Alderton Heights.For a short time.

Top Bottom