F1 seasons starts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

C'mon Lewis....
Pole position for tomorrow.:becool:
I know its not everyones cup of tea....but I think this year is going to be as close as last year.......some very good drivers and quite a few title contenders.

Peter

Hopefully this year will be more interesting. Looks like the BMW's have also joined the "top boys". We should have some great racing this year and not the Ferrari walk over of past

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Yes.....BMW 2nd on the grid for tomorrow.....they have been improving no end over the last few years.....this year will be between McLaren, Ferrari, BMW and Renault I think.....the drivers see to be comparatively well matched. :becool:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Some of the rule changes this year are bizarre. Glad that McLaren so far have made a good start to the season. Usually after a good car one year it is followed by a mediocre car the next and I was worried about this.

Some wicked pairings this year - Hamilton/Kovalainen, Vettel/Bourdais, Alonso, Piquet jr. along with the good ones that have stayed the same since last year.

Not really bothered either way about Traction control, it always got blamed as being "computer driven cars". Some starts were a lot more exciting when traction control was around as the renaults were so fast off the line for a time.

Not sure whether BMW have joined the top boys, they weren't bad last year but Kubica is an exceptional young driver.

Peter

marinyork said:
Not sure whether BMW have joined the top boys, they weren't bad last year but Kubica is an exceptional young driver.

But look at their performance this year in qualifying, not far off the McLarens

Let the procession commence.

marinyork

alecstilleyedye said:
the prost/senna era was the most exciting, especially 1988 where they won all but one race between them.

Should have been all 16. People being lapped grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

marinyork

I think Mansell was one of the greats (of about 20). Hamilton I hope will be one but will vastly eclipse Mansell. Saying Lewis has the most impressive debut since Senna is selling him short a bit, Senna was the 2nd greatest driver in history!

Top Bottom