Facebook. Do ya?

FaceBook - do ya?

• Yes - It's a necessary evil to stop my mates laughing at me

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes - I love it. Gimme more of that social networking gubbins!

• No - Get a life and some *real* friends, you saddo.

• No - Don't really know much about it, Guv'nor.

• FaceBook? WTF? I wanted a cheeseburger, to go.

• Why do I have to pay my TV license when I only want to watch football?

• I use it, but i don't inhale

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Right then people, I'm here to find out what your thoughts are on the infamous FaceBook.

I was a staunch activist lobbying for its abolition from society based purely on the fact that I kept hearing about it and it sounded (like many fads) to be "the latest greatest thing for the yoof of today, innit".... then I tried it and I'm ashamed to say that I think it's actually rather smashing and spiffy. :biggrin:

All those word games... ooooh!

Seeing all your old fcuk school buddies and how they're doing... aaaah! ;):sad:;)

What are your thoughts?

I use it, it's a good way to keep in touch with people that I don't get to see frequently and for sharing photos, etc, but there is a lot of stuff on it that really annoys me... Definitely not addicted to it!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Noit really my thing. I waste enought time here - you lot are my virtual friends.. (dear god, how sad is that?;))

I've even stopped replying to those "so and so has asked you to be their friend on Facebook" emails. I did sign up once, but I never look at it anymore, and anyone I want to chat to, I send an email, or I come here!

Amanda P

Legendary Member
A bit of a necessary evil. My sandwich students use it, and it's a good way of attracting new ones each year and keeping track of the old ones. (Some of them have managed to build careers after working for me... Amazing).

Many of my musical contacts are on there too, so I can use it to keep track of people who might stand in for me when I can't make a gig.

Plax

Guru
I am on Facebook, mainly to keep in touch with some family in Denmark and most of my uni friends are on there too. Good way to see all the wedding and baby photos and stuff. I ignore all the requests for quizes and silly stuff like that.

Maz

Guru
I'm sure the CIA will use Facebook to track down the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden.

Uncle Phil said:
A bit of a necessary evil. My sandwich students use it, and it's a good way of attracting new ones each year and keeping track of the old ones. (Some of them have managed to build careers after working for me... Amazing).

Many of my musical contacts are on there too, so I can use it to keep track of people who might stand in for me when I can't make a gig.

I have always wondered who teaches people what filling to put into what bread - all has been revealed!:biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Aperitif said:
I have always wondered who teaches people what filling to put into what bread - all has been revealed!:biggrin:
I had a filling you were going to say that.:biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I set up an account as part of my podcasting web presence (I have a podcast MySpace page too). Occasionally I'll use it to keep in touch with friends, but most of the time it gos unchecked for days / weeks at at time.

I like the fact that you can now block requests and notifications from people / apps, so I no longer have to refuse at least 30 invitations to be a Zombie and bite someone each week. Having to deal with all of those requests to add pointless cheesy apps was fast becoming a 'close my account down' moment.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
goo_mason said:
...so I no longer have to refuse at least 30 invitations to be a Zombie and bite someone each week...
Wha... am I missing out on some S&M notifications??? Damn, I'm gonna have me some words with the FaceBook people... :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom