Failed left hook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Bimbling along on the Brompton in a strong secondary, dictated by the line of potholes in primary, approaching a junction on the left and a VW Golf comes past me with, you've guessed it, the left hand indicator already on. Brakes lights come on when it is half a bike in front and the diagonal dive across my path begins. I apply the brakes.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I scream as she starts to turn hard, and I try to aim for the diminishing gap.

and you know what? She bailed. She actually had some dim awareness of what was going on around her. She steered away from the junction and me and did an emergency stop to avoid the car turning right from the junction, which didn't pull out anyway. I pulled up alongside her passenger door and the window slid down. "I'm really sorry" she said "I badly misjudged that. Sorry if I scared you. My boyfriend rides a bike and he will go mad at me when I tell him."

I rather she hadn't have made the mistake in the first place, and I'm grateful to Messrs Shimano and Koolstop for stopping me, but at least she had the good grace to react and to apologise for her error.

We live to ride another day.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
What a top woman !! Glad you're ok.

400bhp

Guru
I rather she hadn't have made the mistake in the first place, and I'm grateful to Messrs Shimano and Koolstop for stopping me, but at least she had the good grace to react and to apologise for her error.

We live to ride another day.

Nice story :thumbsup: