faith in human nature restored…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
…found a smashed wing mirror on the car and also a note with an apology and a phone number. not rung it yet, but assuming it's not a wrong number, it means there are some decent folk out there.

alecstilleyedye said:
…found a smashed wing mirror on the car and also a note with an apology and a phone number. not rung it yet, but assuming it's not a wrong number, it means there are some decent folk out there.

That's good to hear. Someone did that to me the other week - smashed my wing mirror, that is. Didn't leave a note, and it cost me £230 quid cos they'd ripped the whole thing off. Hrrmph.

Maz

Guru
Sounds promising.
Let's hope that it all works out fine and it gets fixed at their expense.

domtyler

Über Member
A couple of months ago we hired a car to go up to Lancashire to visit the in laws, stopped off for breakfast a couple of hours into the trip and some arse wipe went up the side of the car denting and scratching the whole ferking wing and door. Cost us £500 for insurance excess! :biggrin::ohmy:!:biggrin:

Needless to say, no note!!! ;)xx(

domtyler

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
£500 :ohmy::ohmy: what was it, a ferrari!

Far from it, a Vectra Estate. £500 is the standard insurance excess that you have to pay when you hire a car. They tell you that they will refund any money that is not spent on the repair but obviously this would be as easy as getting blood out of a stone!

When you ring the number, make sure you've got your pizza order already worked out. :ohmy:

...but I hope it's kosher. It would be nice, wouldn't it?

Maz

Guru
Chuffy said:
When you ring the number, make sure you've got your pizza order already worked out. :ohmy:

...but I hope it's kosher. It would be nice, wouldn't it?
kosher pizza?

Maz

Guru
gezza said:
i am of the faith:smile: and when i was at school they used to serve meat pizza ,but without the cheese as you cant mix meat and milk together ,needless to say i was happy as i have never liked cheese
Yeah, the old meat and milk thing (they curdle or something, right?)
I'm muslim and have on a few occasions had kosher meat (in NY), instead of halal which wasn't so readily available.

Been to a couple of Jewish Seders (sp?), too, at the Progressive Synagogue.

Here in Leicester I'm spoilt for choice for halal pizzas.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Maz said:
I'm muslim and have on a few occasions had kosher meat (in NY), instead of halal which wasn't so readily available.

Been to a couple of Jewish Seders (sp?), too, at the Progressive Synagogue.

Here in Leicester I'm spoilt for choice for halal pizzas.

there used to be a really great halal café in manchester, just near the clubs and open all hours. i once thought that, if ever life took me the way of islam, at least i could eat well!

Maz said:

Been to a couple of Jewish Seders (sp?),

the old meat and milk thing-you must wait 1/2 hr after eating milk products can you eat meat products and 3 hours for the other way around
& for cheese to be kosher it MUST NOT contain rennet

funnily you should say that,(that is the correct spelling BTW) tomorrow night is the first night of Passover and I shall be attending A seder at my parents,where last year my niece came out with the "uncle gerry ,are you pregnant??" and now a year on I am 5 stone lighter,the owner of a £2000 bike,loads of cycling kit and just returned from Majorca from 3 days of cycling PURE MAGIC !!!!

Top Bottom