Family holiday help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
can anyone recomend a family holiday resort/hotel,no more than a 2 or 3 hr flight would be ideal,We would like 1/2 board & the kids are 7 & 4,so just a nice clean beach & clean family friendly hotel are the main priority.They all look good in the magazines but i know its not always true!!!!:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've booked Cala Galdana in Menorca - had a great holiday in Cala n Forcat (excuse spellings) a couple of years ago, but that didn't have a great beach where we were - rather rocky at that side. We passed through Cala Galdana and it is very picturesque - we're staying at a hotel up the hill (small bay, bit hilly) and traveling with First Choice so family orientated.....

Half board 2 weeks at end of May, just before half term - £1600 bargain..It's over £3000 in summer !!!!

Alcudia in Majorca would fit the bill. We went there when our children were the same age and it's a resort primarily for young families. The Club 18-30 market is catered for by the southern resort towns and the middle aged go to Puerta Pollensa.

Patrick Stevens said:
Alcudia in Majorca would fit the bill. We went there when our children were the same age and it's a resort primarily for young families. The Club 18-30 market is catered for by the southern resort towns and the middle aged go to Puerta Pollensa.

I'll second Patrick's suggestion of Alcudia. Everything you could need for a family holiday plus some great cycling as well;) There's even a few places which would hire you a quality road bike for a couple of days

arranandy said:
I'll second Patrick's suggestion of Alcudia. Everything you could need for a family holiday plus some great cycling as well;) There's even a few places which would hire you a quality road bike for a couple of days

I'd forgotten the cycling side. The Club Pollensa set up to the north is a major base for early season race training. The beauty of it is that there are great roads round the coast and the option of really stiff climbs if you want to go up the mountains. Personally, I'd opt for racking up easy fast mileage on the coast roads.

And for something a little different....Centre Parcs. Not the (IMHO)overpriced UK ones but the ones in Europe. Port Zelande was superb, beach is huge (kite buggies / sand yachts). Cycling facilities - errr.. its Holland. Self catering basis but kids loved the buffet style restaurant (reasonable prices too) http://www.centerparcs.com/EN/GB/villages
Obviously weather not as guaranteed as other suggestions though.

Trillian

if your happy being self catered but ok eating out Gurnsey is cheap restaurant wise (and most other things due to less tax)

del mar court at st martins is really nice, it's a block of appartments built round a pool, there's also a small play area (last time i went)
english speeking and accept english currency (make sure you spend any island coins before leaving) day trips to france are possible, lots of lovely beaches (pettit bo bay being my favorite)

Top Bottom