Fans of "The Prisoner"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It may seem like sacrilege (as, for example was Nicholas Cage's Wicker Man) but this American reinterpretation of The Prisoner looks actually quite good. Episode 1 can be watched here in UK (see link below) and I presume other episodes will go up too. Be seeing you! ;)

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=118576
(click on middle button of vid... first a new window opens with an ad... close that then click again... hey presto!... needs to 'buffer', so depends on your broadband speed)

Just sent the link to my best mate who was a FANATICAL Prisoner fan!

He used to go to The Village in Portmeirion and take part in the role re-enactments

He'll probably hate it, but I thought it seemed pretty good!

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Dayvo said:
Just sent the link to my best mate who was a FANATICAL Prisoner fan!

He used to go to The Village in Portmeirion and take part in the role re-enactments

He'll probably hate it, but I thought it seemed pretty good!

Heh heh ... couple of mates of mine used to do that too... I love the original series, but I'm not an obsessive type ;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I watched 35 mins of it, it then stopped and told me I'd watched 72 mins of video and would have to wait 54 mins to watch more unless I clicked on a link and paid a membership. :becool:

Oh well, I'll watch more later or see if I can watch it elsewhere without interruptions. ;)

Flying_Monkey said:
It's had some very, very bad reviews.
I can see why.....

No "Rover", and too contrived to try and sit with the original events, yet only manages to show shortcomings in Americanising the series

Didn't get far enough for a cutoff and shan't bother again.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Cunobelin said:
I can see why.....

No "Rover", and too contrived to try and sit with the original events, yet only manages to show shortcomings in Americanising the series

Didn't get far enough for a cutoff and shan't bother again.

There is a Rover right at the end of episode 1, but I don't think I'll watch any more. It just isn't The Prisoner; no whimsical elements, no Portmeirion, too American, desert instead of beach, some silly plot device about 'following the towers'.... yuck.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Well I liked it, so there!

Billloudon

Can anyone remember the Lotus 7 in the show?
Eventually after much saving and begging with Mrs L I bought a Caterham 7. Had it for 8 years
My pride and joy - my baby.
I sold it the year after I retired.
I was either gonna kill myself in the 7 or on the bike - chose the bike and bought a helmet.

Billloudon said:
Can anyone remember the Lotus 7 in the show?
Eventually after much saving and begging with Mrs L I bought a Caterham 7. Had it for 8 years
My pride and joy - my baby.
I sold it the year after I retired.
I was either gonna kill myself in the 7 or on the bike - chose the bike and bought a helmet.

You could have just kept the car and bought the helmet! ;)

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
rich p said:
It was heavily populated with English actors. The female doctor had a prehensile upper lip.

;) I looked her name up on wikiwotsit... she was in Jane Eyre, apparently. So it's an Eyre lip.

Isnt it enough that we have to endure Dr Who still.

The old ones were always a laugh as the "alien planet" always looked just like a gravel pit in Dorset. Then the latest one comes along (Water on Mars or something like) and Mars looks just like ...

a gravel pit in Dorset.

Over The Hill said:
Isnt it enough that we have to endure Dr Who still.

The old ones were always a laugh as the "alien planet" always looked just like a gravel pit in Dorset. Then the latest one comes along (Water on Mars or something like) and Mars looks just like ...

a gravel pit in Dorset.

It's just to recreate the 'parallel universe' we live in! ;)

Blake's 7 was the worst culprit for dodgy locations! You could almost see the buses in the background heading into town!

Top Bottom