Fans of wine. What do you think of the

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

guys on Saturday Kitchen who recommend the wines to match the food the 2 chefs cook?

I think some are pretty good. I think Olly Smith and Tim Atkin are pretty good. Think they try and give you something different. Although I did see Olly recommend a Sherry a few weeks ago that seemed to go down like a lead balloon with the whole panel in the studio :tongue:

Don't like the fact they sometimes recommend a wine from Majestic though as I'm sure there are people who trapse over to one without realising you have to buy 12 bottles minimum. Bit unfair as not everybody can afford to do that

snakehips

Majestic will now sell you 6 bottles if you take them away yourself. Delivery minimum is still 12 though.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

OP
OP
G

Greedo

snakehips said:
Majestic will now sell you 6 bottles if you take them away yourself. Delivery minimum is still 12 though.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Still, 6 bottles is still a lot for some people.

rusky

CC Addict
Greedo said:
Still, 6 bottles is still a lot for some people.
Or not enough for others :tongue:

TBH, you can do a lot worse than a supermarket when it comes to their special offers.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

User1314 said:
I try their recommendations and like them.

Presenter needs to go though, after his bullying cyclists article.

He's just a fat dick. Anyone who cooks wearing a suit jacket is a tosser. Have you saw his wee silver braclet thing as well. Should be shot for that.

Wears some decent watches mind you!

OP
OP
G

Greedo

dan_bo said:
How do you know?:laugh:

I agree by the way. He's gonna burst if he busts his leg or something.

I've met him twice. My youngest sister is a chef and met him through things he's been to through her.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

dan_bo said:
Not quite what I meant but fair enough.

I KNOW what you meant :laugh:

Wolf04

Tried a couple which were pretty good and not too pricey. Didn't cook the food they matched with them though so didn't get the full effect. I've been told that I have excellent taste in wine but also that I'd drink warm fat if that's all that was on offer.
:laugh:

Top Bottom