Fantastic touring outfits..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
The hats! The hats!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Melvil

At least they can leap directly into the water when they get to the beach (to paddle - of course!).

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
The one on the right posts on here as ASC1951.

He's put on a lot of weight, but still has that bike (somewhere in his living room).

rikki

Legendary Member
The hats are regulation helmets in that part of the world (where ever it was) and don't look any sillier than any other cycling lid. Not very sun smart though.

I like the blanket rolls on the handle bars.

What do you think is written on the tea towels hanging on the front?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
rikki said:
The hats are regulation helmets in that part of the world (where ever it was) and don't look any sillier than any other cycling lid. Not very sun smart though.

I like the blanket rolls on the handle bars.

What do you think is written on the tea towels hanging on the front?

The first discovered cycling reference to a baby elephant, I suspect...;)

NickM

Veteran
The one on the left cycled across Asia with an American flag fluttering on his handlebars? ;)

Bet he won't do that again :smile:

"Across Asia on a Bicycle" was quite good, but I preferred the same author's "Down Everest on a Skateboard".

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
NickM said:
The one on the left cycled across Asia with an American flag fluttering on his handlebars? :ohmy:

Bet he won't do that again :biggrin:

"Across Asia on a Bicycle" was quite good, but I preferred the same author's "Down Everest on a Skateboard".

I've just read (well, reviewed) a book about Annie Londonderry who cycled around the world in the late 19th C and she carried an American flag too... I think in those days, the Americans hadn't had time to get quite so many people to hate them....

Mind you, her story is interesting - seems she made most of it up and her idea of cycle touring involved long passages on steamers..:biggrin:

http://www.annielondonderry.com/

BTW, I thought it was a good book - more about her and the trip than the bicycle, but I think it's good to be reminded that not so long ago, a woman in trousers could shock an entire town!

Rikki, I was wondering about the teatowels too! Perhaps it was advertising? Apparently Annie sold space on her outfit to advertisers to pin ribbons on and such like...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
Incredible though, isn't it - riding across Asia in 1895. The roads must have been absolutely atrocious (or non-existent) a lot of the time. They must have had bums of steel :rolleyes:

And I think (although it's hard to see) one gear....

I don't suppose those bikes were all that lightweight either...

Top Bottom