FAO Brummie Commuters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
A38 Bristol Road South Roadworks start soon.

Roads development works 2009-2011
Breaking News
From Saturday 14 November for the next 18 months there will be severe disruption to traffic on the Bristol Road.
Phase 1 will start on 14 November until weekend of 5 December and will affect the inbound lane (into city).
Phase 2 will start on 22 November until 18 December resulting in a closure between Bournbrook Fire Station to Alton Road on the outbound lane (out of city)
Lane closures are necessary and will operate during the hours of 9.30 am to 3.30 pm Monday to Friday and over weekends. Work will temporarily stop over the Christmas period then recommence in January 2010 for a further 17 months in the outbound lane.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Downward said:
A38 Bristol Road South Roadworks start soon.

Roads development works 2009-2011
Breaking News
From Saturday 14 November for the next 18 months there will be severe disruption to traffic on the Bristol Road.
Phase 1 will start on 14 November until weekend of 5 December and will affect the inbound lane (into city).
Phase 2 will start on 22 November until 18 December resulting in a closure between Bournbrook Fire Station to Alton Road on the outbound lane (out of city)
Lane closures are necessary and will operate during the hours of 9.30 am to 3.30 pm Monday to Friday and over weekends. Work will temporarily stop over the Christmas period then recommence in January 2010 for a further 17 months in the outbound lane.

Sounds nasty. I still can't believe I spent at least a couple of months doing that commute (A38) when I lived over that way a few years back (from Barnt Green to the City Centre) until I discovered the canal towpath. It was a blissful ride after that!

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
I can't wait to see what happens when they finish the new road. It's only single carriageway, and one lane each way. With at least two new roundabouts, and several sets of lights. I can't see anyone being persuaded not to go the old way.

Hmm yeah I remember before they did the A4040 from Selly Oak to QE. That was fun !
Mind you the relief road will pretty much be used by people going to the Uni or the new QE and the A4040 will remain pretty clear.

Top Bottom