Farage launches Brexit Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
A positive is that it might split up the nutter vote

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Well at least the party/vote will be relevant for the election.

Wonder whether the turnout will be higher than 36% (2009 was 35%, 2004 was 38.5% and 1999 was 24%).

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I find it disappointing that Mogg's sister said he was sticking with the Conservatives
Easter hols. Summer recess. Conference season. You can see how this is going. The ERG wait for the clock to tick down on the six months and on Theresa May's time in office before they can have another confidence vote.

Ian H

I am an ancient randonneur, & I stop often for tea
I can see Farage making repeated come-backs with his increasingly desperate comedy act well into his dotage. End-of-pier stuff.

I can see Farage making repeated come-backs with his increasingly desperate comedy act well into his dotage. End-of-pier stuff.
The end of pier show being among the most popular in town.

Which is a contrived way of saying Farage has a lot of popular support.

Although my suspicion is he belongs to that enormous class of politicians who are regarded with ambivalence by the majority of the electorate.

Seems to be some support on here for proportional representation.

Worth remembering that in such as system all parties would be proportionally represented, not just ones you like.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Well, yes, we do know that.
Did something give you the impression that the people who frequent this thread are against all views being represented?
errrr.....yes. Go and have a look in the Brexit thread. Plenty of comments about how people are happy (in a away) there is no PR as it would "give the oxygen of publicity to mouthbreathers like UKIP" or words to that effect

Instead of ridiculing Farage (which is all too easy and not particularly edifying) perhaps folk should be exercised by the fact that there are a lot of people in the UK for whom his policies resonate. Maybe the bigger question is "why do these policies resonate?" rather than "aren't his policies a load of garbage?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom