Farage launches Brexit Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinchPin

Veteran
She’s a woman of the people alright.

I love this
“I joined the Conservative party in 1984 and this is not a decision I have made lightly – to leave a party for which I have fought at every election since 1987, from Maggie Thatcher through to Theresa May. I know which one I’d rather have representing us now.”

In 1984 she was 5 years old. In 1987 when she “fought” for Maggie she was 8
Brexiteers, of course, argue that 17 year olds are too young and easily led to vote
I much prefer my women of the people to be privately educated Guardian columnists.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Given that Labour and Conservatives have reneged on the referendum who would be the sensible party to vote for in the upcoming elections.?
That would only be true if Britain ends up remaining without a second referendum. It hasn't happend yet @Markymark

A sensible party for upcoming elections could never be one with Farage in it. Farage represents what is wrong with British politics, not a breath of fresh air.

LinchPin

Veteran
Have they cancelled Brexit and revoked A50 without telling anyone?
How many lies do MPs have to tell before some people realise that they have no intention on delivering on Brexit.
Which for some would be a good thing because they get what they wanted and they can thank their lucky stars that overriding a democratic vote went their way this time.

How many lies do MPs have to tell before some people realise that they have no intention on delivering on Brexit.
Which for some would be a good thing because they get what they wanted and they can thank their lucky stars that overriding a democratic vote went their way this time.
So you’re saying Brexit is certain to be cancelled? You should place a bet on that and make a fortune.

Reactions: C R

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I blame the people who elected them.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
You mean the 'democratic vote' in which many people most affected were disenfranchised because it was only 'advisory', where the Leave campaign broke electoral rules designed to ensure fairness, and where the politicians on the Leave side came out with promises that they either had no intention of keeping, or knew could not be delievered.
You mean that democratic vote?

Last edited:
Well, yes, we do know that.
Did something give you the impression that the people who frequent this thread are against all views being represented?
You mean the 'democratic vote' in which many people most affected were disenfranchised because it was only 'advisory', where the Leave campaign broke electoral rules designed to ensure fairness, and where the politicians on the Leave side came out with promises that they either had no intention of keeping, or knew could not be delievered.

LinchPin

Veteran
Then why did both main parties say they would honour the vote in their manifestos.
Yep that one the one where the government put a leaflet through people’s letters boxes urging them to stay.
Don’t you feel a little uncomfortable with the way that the establishment are trying to make sure Brexit never happens ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom