Farage launches Brexit Party

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by SpokeyDokey, 12 Apr 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinchPin

LinchPin Veteran

Yes it is, unless you believe that if remain has won by a similar margin they would have said let’s have another go just to make sure.
    There wouldn’t have been this ghoulish celebration of hoping enough leavers had died to swing vote towards remain if it wasn’t a case of remain at any costs.

One minute it’s a people’s vote, as if the last one wasn’t and now it’s a confirmation vote.

You only have to be a little bit of a sceptic to know what’s happening.

Pale Rider and Dirk like this.
  2. To be honest I think they were shocked at the resistance to Brexit: I get the impression they thought everyone would be bored and the Brexit day would pass with little fuss.

3. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

No it's not.

4. LinchPin

LinchPin Veteran

To me this sums it up.
    All I’ve got is a crummy vote every now and then.

5. It's eloquent but inaccurate: the UK never lost sovereignty, but shared it with other nations. If you think the EU is bad, just wait until the WTO comes in.

"Much real power will reside with men who are unaffected by the ballot box"

A very obvious description of the WTO. Of indeed the House of Lords. Or the current relationship between Scotland and Westminster.

perplexed likes this.
  6. LinchPin

LinchPin Veteran

Well I’ve seen nothing that suggests if remain win the next referendum they’ll have another to clarify what remain means.
    Does remain mean remain in the E.U. remaining as we are or does it mean remain in allowing as much federalist expansion as possible ?
    Maybe next year we could have another to check if we want to keep remaining given that the E.U. has changed yet again to have an Emperor of Europe.
    Maybe they should have called it a once in a lifetime opportunity

Yellow Fang likes this.
  7. LinchPin

LinchPin Veteran

From a time when politicians were cut from a different cloth.
    Notice how project fear was running then also ?

8. LinchPin

LinchPin Veteran

My point was why would you vote for any of the main parties in the E.U. elections.
    The Brexit party would seem to be a good mechanism for sending two fingers to our parliament.

Others may have a different view but that’s ok.

9. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Aye, look what a success people made of sticking 2 fingers up to 'Call Me Dave' the last chance they had.

10. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

Before the ref Farage said (quite remarkably) that if Remain won 52-48 it would be unfinished business, so I think I can say with some certainty that you're wrong.
    I will be quite open about the fact that I would like the vote overturned, but I also think that leavers should have the opportunity to say whether they like the deal that has been cobbled together, because you may have voted for Norway or Canada, maybe Switzerland, some version of those with a plus on the end, no deal, a custom deal, to leave the single market, to stay in the single market, to leave the customs union, to stay in the customs union and on it goes. What we do know is that no one voted for Mays deal in the referendum. Put it to the people, make sure they are happy with the best version of Brexit we can get. I guess some of us like democracy more than others.

11. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

I'm not sure that Farage wants to send two fingers to Parliament considering how many times he's tried to get in. Although maybe it's sour grapes on his part as he has of course failed on each occasion. He certainly wants to send two fingers to some people, it's the same people that Yaxley-Lennon and Batten want to send two fingers to.

12. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

That sounds fair. When they announce that they're going to elect an Emperor of Europe we'll check to see that we're happy with the choice. Unless it's some plucky Brit we'll have a ref. This is planned for next year you say?

raleighnut and Inertia like this.
  13. Here's one of the British Elites trying to stop Brexit:

View: https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1117740439157858305

...by lying to a group of Japanese students.

This is what I don't understand: Why do we need a Brexit party? We've already got a Brexit cabinet.

Of is it that a certain bunch of charlatans want to get a cushy job with an expense account?

Incidentally, if anyone can come up with a country that wants this, let me know: it isn't Germany.

raleighnut likes this.
  14. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Rather tellingly, he used the word 'England' rather than 'Britain' or more correctly 'the UK' mid way through.

Andy in Germany and raleighnut like this.
  15. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

I quite often read Facebook and Twitter accounts from groups that are promoting direct action, assassinations, riots and other bits and bobs. It is almost without exception "England" that must rise up and fight, that's being invaded etc etc.

Andy in Germany and C R like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice