"fashion"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Now that I've moved out of the 20-something age bracket, I find that the only places that I can buy casual trousers are in ASDA, Tescos, M&S and the Levi shop!

All the other high st stores seem to relentlessly and ruthlessly stock nothing but "bang-on-trend" fashion aimed at urban trendy 20-somethings. The trouble is that I'm not a 20-something, I'm not "urban" and I'm definitely not a "trendy"!

Skin-tight hipsters are no good for climbing over stiles and can't easily be rolled up when the going gets wet and muddy ... plus my physique is tall and slim with long limbs, so in skinny jeans I look like a spider.

It is amazing that the fashion industry has reached a point that when one reaches the big 3-0 and beyond, one is defunct, on the scrapheap, so last season and, like, so totally uncool or whatever, y'know.

yello

'tis probably as ever 'twas.

It's just that being in your 30s you see if from the other side of the fence now. Fashion has always been predominantly about youth.

Personally, I'm thankful that you don't try and stay 20 something fashionable. I really think older blokes in young bloke garb looks wrong wrong wrong. Particularly when there's a whole new world of gentlemen's outfitters to be explored!

It is entirely possible to remain well dressed without wearing tatty hipsters and flat, pump like shoes.... or whatever the current fashion is (sorry, I live in rural France where fashionable is as fashionable was and will probably always be - blue overalls or jacket/trou)

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
All Saints http://www.allsaints.com/men

There's a lot of stuff that caters to the eternal teenager. All Saints is probably the best, but Gap is really a store for the over-40s

Ooooh! Noooo! It's all hipster-trendy-beardy-trendy-hipster-skinny-weeny-hipster-urban-beardy-fixie-urban-trendy-skinny-hipster-beardy!

I'm more of a black, black, black, more black, black leather jacket, black caterpillar boots, skinhead, black, black, black levi 501s, black German industrial metal t-shirt, skull t-shirt, black, black, black, motorbikes, etc!

Sambu

Howies. not cheap, but good quality and i like the practical nature, plus if you spend £50 you get a free towel.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Asda is a great place to shop Jeans for a £5er. That is a no brainer.
I wonder how much the people got paid for making them

Top Bottom